• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations Phargle!

Congrats, phargle! Nice to see you back!

Thank you for the kind gesture and the warm welcome. It's nice to be writing.

I wrote a few AARs back in the day, and perhaps the most well-known was the one about Knud Knýtling. My current project is a reboot of that story in CK2. I'm also trying to continue a CK1 narrative called Solomon of Itil, which is a bit of a love-revenge-destiny-family story, and which hasn't hit the good bits yet. I hope y'all check it out. It gets updated once a year or so. . . ;)

- - -

I won't be around tomorrow, so I would like to pass on this title today. Based on both my own enthusiasm, and based on recommendations from others, I would like to nominated Saithis. She wrote a lovely AAR about Danes in CK1 (Piety of the North Star), and has continued it in CK2 with Valour of the North Star. She also has a neat Hearts of Iron 3 AAR called Last Man and Shilling, which has a lot of Australians and gameplay stuff.

Please stop by her AARs and offer your congratulations. If you go to the CK2 one, cheer for anybody named Knýtling and boo anybody named Harald. :)

Thanks!

Congratulations Saithis! A well deserve award!

Well, when I nominated Saithis for Fan of the Week last week, little did I know that I indirectly started a massive chain-reaction of AARland-related awards for her. Congrats!

Congrats Sai!

May your back not bend under the weight of all those awards :D

Last edited:
Congrats, nice one!

Thanks everyone!

It's an honour to be chosen for the WritAAR of the Week award. My writing has been poorly paced in the past due to various real life distractions, so I'm pleased to have been a fairly steady updater for awhile now. It's nice to hear the writer who drew me into Paradox games to begin with place such compliments on my writing. Although I'm primarily a narrative writer, I have been trying to slowly branch out, and my list of AARs will likely get longer in the future. It's the way of things, I suppose.

Thanks for the nomination and thanks for all the congratulations! I'll do my best to keep living up to the award!

Congrats, Saithis!

(...) Last Man and Shilling, which has a lot of Australians and gameplay stuff.
I loled at this :D.

Well, when I nominated Saithis for Fan of the Week last week, little did I know that I indirectly started a massive chain-reaction of AARland-related awards for her. Congrats!
Indeed, it looks like Saithis is everywhere now ;).

The funny thing is that I never even realised that Saithis is a she. Not that it matters much in the forum, since English is generally a gender-neutral language, but maybe I should pay attention to the titles next time (Lady of the North) ;).

Anyway, Saithis, your award is well-deserved!

It's getting a little bit late, but not too late yet, so congratulations! I'm thoroughly enjoying your Australia AAR and I am trying to keep up with 'Valour of the North Star' (really, I promise). Your narrative writing is excellent - but then again, so is your history-book approach. Win-win situation. :)