+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 357 FirstFirst ... 26 51 76 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 126 151 176 201 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 7134

Thread: WritAAR of the Week: GreatWyrmGold

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesGalactic Assault
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisEU3 Collectors Edition

Blog Entries
    Congratulations, I'm afraid I have not kept up with your AAR but will endevor to read it once I get through the mountain of reading I've lined up for myself (half way through re-reading Into the West on my journey to read every AAR to be recognized in the AAR of the week forum)

But from what I have read in the first post of your AAR, it is obvious that the recognition is well deserved. Welcome to the forums and welcome to the wonderful world of AAR's. And, as a Buckeye in self-imposed exile, hopefully welcome to Ohio!
    LibrAARian of the EU1 LibrAARy and the EU1 LibrAARy updates
    "Et pour ce devez amer, prisier, loer et honorer touz ceux a qui Dieu donne grace d'eulx trouver en pluseurs bonnes journees d'armes pour la guerre..."

Member; Ahistoric Association
    "The Footsteps of Illustrious Men"-USA; Victoria (AARland Choice Award X3)
    The Ink Well: Advertise your AAR's Use it, Love it
    --- I've been Glorified! and Canonized!

The Closer Supermoderator Veldmaarschalk's Avatar
    77 games registered

200k clubCrusader Kings IIV2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Thumbs up

Congratulations canonized !

(Interim Avatar)
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome

congratulations canonized! great AAR you have there.
    The Ebony Cross and the Sacred Eagle (Ongoing)
    ---Favorite History-Book AAR, Eu3 (Q2 2008)
    ---Weekly AAR Showcase, 1/13/08
    Charter member of "The Warlord Club"

Awards:
    Fan of the Week: 3/4/07, 4/29/07, 6/18/07, 2/19/08, 4/11/08
    WritAAR of the Week: 5/20/07
    I was canonized! 4/21/07

My ink well thingy...

Compulsive CommentatAAR stnylan's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Blog Entries
    Many congratulations indeed canonized.
    To view is human, to comment is divine.
    "Be not afraid" - John Paul II
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.
    Current AAR: Stories of King Sean CK2 4.1
    Completed AAR: In Memory of France EU2
    View my full AAR list at The Inkwell
    My library and My blog
    Ask not what AARland can do for you, but what you can do for AARland.

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacy
    Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

a hill in the capital, but not Capitol Hill.
    Congrats canonized! I've enjoyed reading your AAR although I still need to catch up with the last of it.
    Played as the Loanshark of Europe, the Duchy of Flanders and then the King of France in Ultima Ratio Regnum/AAR Thread (Abandoned)
    Solo AARs:
    To Granada and Beyond: A Comprehensive History of Spain EU3, Castile, (Abandoned due to patches)
    What Nerds do with a Day Off: A 7-Player Diplomacy AAR (Abandoned)

P'dox Forum Pet Peeves: When people refer to countries as 'factions'.
    Complaints about newer games that fall entirely under the They Changed It Now It Sucks trope.

Europa Universalis 3

Congratulations canonized!
    Ett Svenskt Lejon- A HoI2 DD Sweden AAR

Secrets of the Inconsequential War
    -An EU3 Japan AAR

Proud Owner of One GeneralHannibal Cookie

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesWarlock: Master of the ArcaneEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Congratulations Canonized, your is another EU3 aar that I need to check out right away!
    "Being a freedom fighter, a force for good, it's a wonderful thing. You get to make your own hours, it looks good on a resume, but the pay sucks."

My current AAR: Regents and Revenge - a CK2 one-shot

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Victoria 2

congratulations canonized
    You can do anything if you want it badly enough. That's why we see so many people who can fly.

Check out my AARs:

The French Century - A Ricky AAR 1836- Ongoing
    Hmm... another Russian AAR? (Finished)
    The Duchy of Pskov 1066- Prematurely ended due to a hard drive crash

Blog Entries
    Congratulations Canonized. Being one of those you mentioned having been there from the beginning of your AAR, I can say that your writing certainly merits this award. The fact that you are new doesn't matter. Your indepth research, mapping out of alternate timeline, and ability to seperate between the mythical past and the mythical present is outstanding. Although this is, overall, a serious work, your little stabs at humor are quite funny especially because they are subtle. Keep up the good work and know that I will be following this until the end.
    Current AAR's: The Manchurian Candidate...on hold.
    Founder and charter member of The Warlord Club
    Fan of the week 02/26/07 & 06/04/07
    WritAAR of the week 03/12/07
    Character Writer of the week 07/15/2007
    Favorite AAR HOI1/2 Q2 2007
    Favorite Narative AAR HOI1/2 Q2 2007
    I was canonized on 03/18/2007 & canonized again 07/15/2007
    Honorary Fellow in the Tempus Society

"Gold does not always get you good soldiers, but good soldiers can always get you gold." Machiavelli

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    DiplomacyDungeonlandEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLegio
    Leviathan: WarshipsMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    SengokuSword of the StarsThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Excellent speech, canonized! I don't remember checking your AAR yet, but now I'll have to.

Enjoy the award!

(Now coz, about the cake...)
    Active:
    Random World Order(EU4, Random)

Past:
    Beyond Tannenberg IV: The More Things Change(EU4, Teutonic Order, COMPLETE (Defeated))
    Beyond Tannenberg III: The Last Crusade (EU3, Teutonic Order, COMPLETE (Corrupt Save))
    Resurrection: Rebirth of the United States COMPLETED!
    CatKnight's Inkwell

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

You might very well think that ; I couldn't possibly comment
    It's Saturday afternoon here in sunny orange county , and that means that it's past midnight in the Imperial city of Madrid . And thus I will now announce my nomination for the next WritAAR of the Week !

Before that I wanted to thank you all for the kind comments both here and at my thread . They were a great encouragement !

Once again I wanted to thank coz and all the others who have been diligent in maintaining this thread as well as all the participants who keep it alive and well . Without all your collective efforts this would not be so successful in supporting our myriad writers and readers alike .

Throughout the week I've been busy looking through many different AARs. The search was by all means not exhaustive but I did manage to sample many different AARs from many different authors in an attempt to find the next WoW in line. Despite some very nice writing styles and AARs presented by authors who have already won the WoW I decided to pass it on to someone who has not won it before . I was lucky enough to have already sampled the various AARs of those who were kind enough to encourage my AAR since I promised to read those who were nice enough to leave a note and I still do so, and, despite my meandering search amongst the AARs and authors who I have not yet known or had the pleasure of being acquainted, I narrowed my search to one particular author among my thread's reading list.

And thus I present this week's WritAAR of the Week: grayghost

Grayghost is the author of a HOI2 AAR The Manchurian Candidate and is the founding member of the AAR Group "The Warlord Club" .

Amongst the authors that I have sampled, grayghost stands out on many levels. Firstly, as shown through his magnificent AAR, he is an author fully cognizent of the human attraction towards mystery, an aspect which I personally as an author strive to attain and thus I identify with him. In his AAR, he executes this ideal perfectly. His work flows with the tautness of a hard boiled thriller tempered by the political realities of running a substandard state.

Indeed, it is the puppet nation of Manchukuo that this author finds a voice so close to his personality. A humble nation which refuses to bow down to adversity. An author, who boldly represents the hardships and triumphs of the rise of a Qing state without heeding the technical difficulties of writing an AAR without pictures. A deposed Emperor, reaching through the Manchurian snow to a brighter horizon for his people. An author, who weaves a story despite the pressing demands of his career. The soul of the man is emulated by his art. Certainly he is not the only one amongst us who has done such work, but he also does this work with a finesse of wit.

The intelligence of his work is unmistakable. The dialogue especially is pregnant with the emotions and insecurities of a group of people unsure of their true identity ready to be reborn into endless potential. His portrayal of Pu Yi is as cutting and ambitious as his "Operation October Revolution." Truly, his fine research and exacting literary style is as unmistakeable as the kindness he shows to his friends.

Therefore, let no one say that you have received this award just because you have been a close friend to me, or an avid supporter of my work. Grayghost, as a writer, I am honoured to count you as a friend and to give this award to you and this award represents all my instincts. Please continue to write and inspire all the writers in this community.

And indeed, I ask this community to truly understand what these awards mean. As a holder of this prestige myself and to be able to hand it off to a great writer such as grayghost, this represents the collective gesture of gratitude. Gratitude from our readers to us, and gratitude from one author to another. Writing for free, our only reward is the recognition of our friends. So please keep it up.

Lastly I wanted to say before my final congratulations. I hope that this past week has been a testament to all the new people that have especially come around because of the release of new paradox games. This award may sometimes confuse individuals into thinking that "AARland" is composed of an elite clique of writAARs with custom avatars and custom titles who only read each others' AARs. As my final wish as holder of this prestige before passing it on is that AARland continues its openness to new writers, new styles, and even new premises and formats like mine and for all the new writers that I beseech you all to enrich our boards with your work you will hopefully be as well received and recognized as I have been. Readers, I have not forgotten about you all. Especially to all the lurkers who have graced me with comments, I wanted to say thank you all and please realize that YOU are just as important (in sufficient quantities, haha just kidding) as the writers !

Good luck to you all and once again , Congratulations Grayghost on a well deserved prize . I hope to see more of you around and I hope you agree to the request for an interview that I sent you in the private message !

Edit: Thanks for accepting my invitation for the interview , Grayghost ! I'll have it as a bonus on my thread and I plan on interviewing some more friends . I think I'll call it "You've Been Canonized !" I promise you don't have to die first though XD .
    Last edited by canonized; 11-03-2007 at 03:37.
    DANGEROUS LIAISONS
    The New Short AAR about Seduction , Manipulation , Intrigue , Mystery , and Revolution .
    -~= =~-
    T I M E L I N E S : What if Spain Failed to Control the World?
    Seventeen AARLand Choice Awards: Favourite Overall New WritAAR Q1 2007.
    Favourite Overall EU3 AAR: Q1 2007; Q2 2007; Q3 2007; Q4 2007; Q1 2008; Q2 2008; Q3 2008; Q4 2008
    Favourite Narrative EU3 AAR: Q1 2007; Q2 2007; Q3 2007; Q4 2007; Q1 2008; Q2 2008; Q3 2008; Q4 2008

Three Times WritAAR of the Week: 4 March 2007 13 May 2007 & 28 March 2008;
    Twice AAR Showcase: 9 Dec 2007, 14 Jun 2009; Twice Best Character Writer: 9 Dec 2007, 13 Sep 2008

Editor in Chief of The AARlander

Europa Universalis 3

Congratulations grayghost!
    Ett Svenskt Lejon- A HoI2 DD Sweden AAR

Secrets of the Inconsequential War
    -An EU3 Japan AAR

Proud Owner of One GeneralHannibal Cookie

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty 2
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome: Vae VictisEuropa Universalis IV

Congratulations, grayghost! You are a great fan, now I will have to check out your AAR to see you are great writAAR too!
    Was würde Brian Boitano tun?

AARficionado & Storyteller Demi Moderator Eber's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Congratulations grayghost! Your HOI2 AAR is one of the few I read. Well deserved.
    Current AAR:
    Our Kingdom Stands Alone - How the Magyars Transformed Hungary into an Empire
    Weekly AAR Showcase - 19, September 2010

WritAAR of the Week - 23, February 2007

When I speak in this color, I do so as a Demi-Moderator.
    Forum Rules :: AARLand Rules #1 :: AARland Rules #2

The Closer Supermoderator Veldmaarschalk's Avatar
    77 games registered

200k clubCrusader Kings IIV2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Congratulations Grayghost

Strategy Cognoscenti Demi Moderator Myth's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSemper Fi

I knew it! I knew it! congrats grayghost!
    Read about my full body of AAR works here!

Fan of the Week 13/08/09

200k clubHoI AnthologyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiRome: Vae VictisEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Well done grayghost, congratulations
    EUIII AAR: The lilies of France
    Awarded Best Character Writer of the Week 25. Feb 2007
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 22. April 2007

HoI2 AAR: Enig og tro til Dovre faller – A Norwegian AAR
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 25. Sept 2005
    Awarded Weekly AAR Showcase 25. Jan 2006
    Awarded Fan of the Week 26. March 2006, 7. October 2007 and 10. November 2008
    Boer War AAR: Joe’s War- a Boer War AAR

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesGalactic Assault
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisEU3 Collectors Edition

Blog Entries
    Congratulations Grayghost; though I'm curious. What is the Warlord Club?
    LibrAARian of the EU1 LibrAARy and the EU1 LibrAARy updates
    "Et pour ce devez amer, prisier, loer et honorer touz ceux a qui Dieu donne grace d'eulx trouver en pluseurs bonnes journees d'armes pour la guerre..."

Member; Ahistoric Association
    "The Footsteps of Illustrious Men"-USA; Victoria (AARland Choice Award X3)
    The Ink Well: Advertise your AAR's Use it, Love it
    --- I've been Glorified! and Canonized!

Strategy Cognoscenti Demi Moderator Myth's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSemper Fi

Warlords Club members are those who've written AARs as any Chinese faction. its somewhat detailed in the topic post of The Manchurian Candidate
    Read about my full body of AAR works here!

Fan of the Week 13/08/09

Congratulations Grayghost!
    "...but someone has to pay for what's happened here, and I don't want that someone to be me." -Gul Dukat
    "I always hope for the best. Experience, unfortunately, has taught me to expect the worst." - Garak
    "We are in a society of politically-correct tree-hugging babies. Grow up and quit whining"- JBL
    "I condemn false prophets, I condemn the effort to take away the power of rational decision, to drain people of their free will -- and a hell of a lot of money in the bargain. Religions vary in their degree of idiocy, but I reject them all. For most people, religion is nothing more than a substitute for a malfunctioning brain."- Gene Roddenberry
    "As long as we have 'loyalty to the end', there's no point in believing in anything... even in those we love." The Boss
    "I won't have it! I won't have anyone speak of me in the past tense!!!" Squall Leonhart
    The Ultimate War [WritAAR of the Week: June 4, 2006]

+ Reply to Thread