• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations SDEnigneer, it certainly is a nice AAR that you've started!

Keep up the good work!

Well done!

Great nomination. Congratulations.

Congratulations vil_84! :)

Hi, all!

Who is this guy?

How much do you really want to know?

Seriously though, thank you.

I have rummaged a bit in AARland and, as is my custom, have set some limiting rules for myself in order to not go mad from the multitude of possibilities. So my nominee will be a Victoria 2 player who manages to squeeze some gameplay and character into all the dry history and random events, with a post this week.

Paradox games have, for me, like Diplomacy the board game, always been on the verge of being fun to play. It would be a long article that would explain exactly why EUIV has finally "made it" and what is still "wrong", what really turned the tide for me was discovering AARs, finally I could see a story within the apparent excel tables and computerspeak. At the beginning of this week I hoped I could find an AAR that would achieve this for Victoria 2.

The first AAR I considered seriously was the intimidating Sonderweg oder Anderweg because I have read Avindians EUIV stuff and this is just as good. No update this week, just smalltalk. Vicky seems to foster gigantic AARs easily.

Then I found some older threads that almost did what I wanted, like the ones by Seelmeister and the wonderfully named MondoPotato. Not this week or even close.

Then I lost some time reading volksmarschall´s House of Habsburg but soon realized my error - I was back in the simpler times and nicer interface of EUIV.

Finally I settled on metalinvader665 who not only reminds me of how unfitting my own login must appear to strangers on a forum devoted to games about history (I do wish I had picked a more flamboyant and personal log-in, like Vladimir the Awesome), but also fits the limits I set myself. His Our voice shall astonish the world! is pleasant and interesting and ru(a)mbles on at a level of gameplay that I can relate to. It is a good invitation to play Victoria 2.

PS I did not want to spoil your thread by trying to be too clever, metalinvader665, and possibly this belongs in a PM, but I don´t think you have to worry (or worry us) about delayed updates and hardware problems - just keep the story going whenever you are ready :)

PPS Looking forward to Vicky 3!

Congratulations, metalinvader665! Thanks for the kind words, vil_84, and the only thing more fun than reading an iAAR is joining one. ;)

Congratulations metalinvader665! A very promising AAR which I look forward to following.

Thanks to vil_84 for the mention, and gentle nudge that I really ought to get back to Victoria II myself!

Congrats!

Congratulations, metalinvader665! As a beginner in V2 myself, I find your AAR especially interesting - keep up the good work! :)