• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nah...never too late. ;) While I definitely appreciate the thought, I cannot possibly accept right now. Just too soon after the last one (not even 6 months.) However, I can pass it right along to someone I think is deserving of this accolade...

clblabin​

There has been a recent fall off of updates for this writer and perhaps this nod will encourage more. And unlike myself, he has produced an update within the last week. The whole AAR is a treat, so read here and then offer your congrats to your next WritAAR of the Week. :)

Congratz clblabin!

Congratulations!

Wow, thanks Coz1 and everyone else! Since I've always been more of a lurker than an active participant in AARs, I really wasn't expecting this. I appreciate the attention, and the patience my readers have shown sticking with the AAR despite my often erratic update schedule.

"Kingdom, Power, Glory" had been rolling around in my head since last summer, but I put it off (except for some research into Burgundy's history and some practice runs) in order to wait for IN to be released and a close-to-bugless version of Magna Mundi Platinum to come out. My vision for the AAR, which is still in its infancy, is to not confine myself only to Burgundy, but also to really delve almost as deeply into the histories of its neighbors, allies, and enemies. The game itself was played during just about all my free time over about a month this past February, very slowly and methodically, with nearly all pop-ups turned on, which often tried my patience, but which was worth it in the end. The thousands of screenshots, saved games (spaced about six months apart) and game logs took up dozens of gigs on my hard drive, and that's not counting the copious notes I made myself take during each session. So I'm very happy that all that effort wasn't in vain, and that some people actually seem to enjoy my scribblings. :)

This award means quite a lot to me, since one day in the future I hope to make my living as a writer. In fact, this is the first writing award I've ever won, so I'm not likely to forget it anytime soon.

Also, you have indeed successfully guilted me into updating, so I'm off to work on the next chapter. Thanks again!

Congratulations :D

Congratulations Clblabin!

Congratulations clblabin!

Well, it's torch-passing time! Once again my sincerest thanks to coz1 for the honor and for the flood of congratulations this week. Stay tuned everybody -- Burgundy's just getting started.

I was at first a little nervous about picking a WritAAR of the Week to succeed me -- how to choose with so many quality ones out there? But then a few days ago, the world of AARland saw a pretty exciting event -- a resurrection unheard of since the days of Lazarus! Such a miracle calls for special notice, so:

Congratulations Judas Maccabeus for returning to "O Lord, our God, Arise" after a long hiatus, and without any drop in quality. I only began to notice this excellent AAR about the time it was suspended, and am really excited to get the chance now to follow it in real time.

Congrats JM!

Congratulations, JM. So good to see you back and writing, sir. :cool:

Congratz, Judas Maccabeus!