• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations Horace. Applause, applause.

Congratulations to you Horace :)

I don't want to set the bar too high, Horace, but the concept of your AAR (as I said before) reminds me of classics like heagarty's "Tales of the Gluttonic Knights", and the quality of the first few entries indicates to me it's not just in theory your stories are related. :) Good luck, sir, congratulations, but most of all keep it up!

;)

I don't believe I've offered congrats yet, so congrats on being named writAAR of the week! :)

Thistletooth said:
Whoo whoo!! Time to announce the next WritAAR of the Week.

This week's award will be a two-parter, one for an AAR in Being, and one for an AAR that I desperately wish to one day read. In both cases, the winner is Horace, who not only has penned and saveimaged his way to a well-written and oh-so-plucky little Ha'il AAR, Thorugh Ha'il and High Water - The Sands will rise!, but has also threatened to one-up himself with the irresistably titled speculative AAR "It's a Luang Luang way to Tipperary: the Laotian invasion of Ireland, and other stories".

Part of this AwAARd is to congratulate him on his sweet and honorable Ha'il AAR, and the other part is to drum up support for his upcoming Laotian AAR. He will do it, folks. I am hereby proclaiming that he will do it.

Whoo whoo!! :D

Sweet and honorable, moi? :)

However, I am honoured you should choose me; thank you! Although I only have 3 AARs to my name, and I wouldn't consider myself a good writer, your nomination has indeed prompted me to drag myself away from my ahistorically large Aztec Empire in EU3 (the product of about 3 days solid; I even discovered that it's possible to kill French infantry with a ratio of one to about a hundred native spearmen, but I digress) and back to Victoria for some leprechaun prisoner-taking, as promised.

I must say I'm not a frequent reader of this bit of the forums, and only noticed this today, so sorry if I'm a little late!

Thanks again.

Hajji Giray I said:
I don't want to set the bar too high, Horace, but the concept of your AAR (as I said before) reminds me of classics like heagarty's "Tales of the Gluttonic Knights", and the quality of the first few entries indicates to me it's not just in theory your stories are related. :) Good luck, sir, congratulations, but most of all keep it up!

;)

I read Gluttonic knights after you mentioned it, and I have to say that it is brilliantly funny. Please don't expect me to come anywhere close!

My original idea had been to write the luang AAR in style of a Guilbert & Suillivan opera, as the basic plot is very much that sort of material...

Last edited:
Horace said:
My original idea had been to write the luang AAR in style of a Guilbert & Suillivan opera, as the basic plot is very much that sort of material...
That could be pretty funny too! :D A lot of AARs have hodgepodges of multiple styles, but none as far as I know has been comic opera ... yet ...

As Horace has yet to pick a successor and with the forums going down tomorrow, I'll be choosing the next WoW on Friday if Horace has not done so already.

Folks - it is very important to pass the award on each Sunday so that your successor has just as much time in the spotlight as you did. It is unfair to plead "too busy" as the person before you was not too busy to select your name. Please try and show your respect for this institution so that it remains that very thing. After all this time, I would hate to see it die on the vine because we've passed it on to forumites who do not seem to pay it much attention or care if it gets passed on. Sorry to sound irritated, but I am. This is two weeks in a row where there is still no new WoW named by midweek.

As I've told just about every person that has won this, there are only two duties that come with winning - one is picking your successor. The second is simply enjoying the spotlight. That's not that tough a job, really.

Simply put up a rule that if you don't choose your successor by Sunday you won't have to choose him at all. I think it is only fair.

Snake - that kind of defeats the purpose of members choosing their own successor. For this to work, each member that receives it must consider it an honor to win and then take just a bit of time to find someone worthy to follow. We have not had too many breaks, but it seems recently there has been too much downtime and it needed addressing.

Regardless, the forum is back up and running and it is Friday - thus, we have a new WritAAR of the Week. Given that EUIII is the hot new thing, then it seems proper to look there for our new WoW. And thus I give you - Eber!

He's just started an AAR called Scotland: A Far Cry from Bannockburn and already in jyst two or three posts it is very impressive. Plus, a good time to get in at the beginning. Head over and take a look and let's congratulate Eber! Great job, sir. :)

EDIT - And note that given the lateness in the week, Eber will have until Mar. 5th before he needs to pass it off to the next winner. Enjoy the extra spotlight, Eber. ;)

Congratulations Eber! A Scotland AAR, i will definently need to give that a look :)

I remember seeing your CK AAR, you are an excellent writer and well deserved.

And how, after all this time, have I yet to actually get in here and post in this thread? Belated congratulations to all the previous winners.

Damit, Eber was a word I didn't manage on my German test today :p . Congrats.

And given that I belive I haven't congratulated anyone for a while, congrats to everyone that havn't been congratulated by my already. :)