• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congrats, Coz, I haven't read your AAR yet (Into the West) but it is loading as I write :D

Well, after a wonderful week of holding this honor, it is time to pass it on. But first let me to say once again thank you both to DoS for the selection and for all of the very kind words all of you have offered. I really appreciate it! :D

And now for this week's selection. Our next winner has been with this forum for quite a long time. He was first awarded a WritAAR of the Week all the way back in August of 2002. Since then, he has gone on to write many more outstanding works and his current one is just as fine as his AAR work has ever been. He always manages to try something new and yet still maintains that high level of work in each form. Two years is long enough, in my opinion, so allow me to thank "she who will not be denied" for allowing us to share his time with us - Storey is our newest WritAAR of the Week! Congrats Joe! :D

Without a doubt an excellent choice, especially considering the review of yet another of his wonderful yarns in the Gazette. Congratulations!

Truly a great choice for WoW.

Newer members of the Forum may not know, but Storey holds more OscAARs than any other writer. Why? Because the man knows how to tell a tale, and that's no lie.

Congrats again!

Excellent choice. Congrats Storey, well deserved!

Based on Stuyvesant's suggestoin I'm going through 'Three Countries...' now. Great stuff!

Congratulations Storey! "Three Countries" is one of my favorite AARs, mainly because it answered the question "why won't Crimea just die?" :D

Congratulations Storey. Couldn't have happened to a nicer yarnspinner. You richly deserve this honor, two times, three times... however often. :) Keeping up with 'Desert Sands' is great fun and re-reading 'Three Countries One Goal' for my review was an award in itself.

Good luck with your tendonitis, I hope you'll produce many more tales in the future.

Many thanks coz1. I admit to being surprised at seeing my name but since I’m in a poetic frame of mind I’ll write a little about myself.

How old am I?
Well I remember wiggling my toes in primordial muck when dinosaurs flew and horses were the size of dogs.

Where do I live?
I live in that rain shadow called Seattle where liquid sunshine is a way of life. Where there are one hundred ways to describe the color green. Where water is so plentiful we let it flow into the sea, which means we have to ration it during the summer.

How did I end up here on this forum?
It was just one of my many devious plans on escaping from ‘she who will not be denied’. As long as the tipi-tap of the keyboard keys sprinkle through the house she lets me be. This refuge of a forum has provided me sanctuary from the many chores that wait in the real world. How else can I say with pride that the leaves of fall sill choke the gutters. That the upstairs door still squeaks a plea for oil and receives a promise of tomorrow. How else when my better half asks me to do something can I stare at the computer screen, hunched over, while muttering that classic phrase "yes dear whatever you say dear" and get away with it. I have spent my years refining the high art of procrastination and can say with certainly that this forum is worth its weight in gold.

So gentlemen if you are planing to enter that blissful institution of matrimony I recommend you plan your various escapes now. There will be little time for flights of fancy or gossamer travels on the back of your imagination. Ah I hear her now. She downstairs calling to me about a light bulb that needs changing. Excuse me for a moment I must type up a storm of pledges full of a rain of assurances to calm the sea of promises that flow out of my hands and into her ears.

Tipi-tap, Tipi-tap, Tipi-tap, Tipi-tap, Tipi-tap, Tipi-tap, Tipi-tap.

Hey Joe - it's about time for a new WoW isn't it? I know you're still sore about having to give up the fan from Fan of the Week, but still... ;)

And now for the next writer of the week. It was absurdly easy to find the next writer. In fact I was surprised this discerning group of intelligent readers didn’t already honor him. (After all you found me) So with little fan fair I give you that talented practitioner of creative illusion. That multi-fingered illusionist of the keyboard. That impresario of the written word. That… oh what the hell I give you DIRECTOR!

Clearly very much deserved.

Completely deserved and another that was long in returning. February seems to be old folks month...old as in time on the forum, not old as in...well, I digress. ;)

Congrats Director and get back to that great AAR in EU2 before the Kaiser takes your place in the sun. :D

Very much deserved indeed. Here's hoping Director will a) stop in and share some words, b) continue with his fine HistoryPark tale (for those who haven't read it: yes, it's long, but it's also VERY good) and c) in the fullness of time reveal what this mysterious mentioning of the Kaiser is all about...

Congratulations, Director! :)