• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Cargulations! :D

Congrats, Capn!

Congratulations CptEasy! :)

Congratulations, CptEasy! (And all the other winner's who I missed congratulating over the past few months!)

WritAAR of this week

As a ”HoI-player/reader only” I feel obliged to pick amongst those AARs I have been following from the start (which includes several HoI III AARs). This means there will be a whole lot of great non HoI AARs that will pass by un-judged and un-priced. Sorry for that.

There’s a range of good writers that I follow on a close to daily basis and enjoy a lot which makes it somewhat difficult to choose one. Still, there’s one author who writes in a way which is really enjoyable and what makes him stand out a little bit extra, from a few of the other top writers, is the larger sections of well written and descriptive texts, about persons or places, which colors the AAR - especially in the beginning but also here and there through the story. It brings extra realism to the rest of the AAR in a really nice way. All in all, this is a very enjoyable AAR which I eagerly will continue to follow. This said…

…My nomination goes to Redandwhite for his excellent End of Empire.

Read it!

Edit: And once again - I consider myself honoured to be listed togeather with such great writers. I will surely keep it up - and I hope you all do the same.

Last edited:
As a ”HoI-player/reader only” I feel obliged to pick amongst those AARs I have been following from the start (which includes several HoI III AARs). This means there will be a whole lot of great non HoI AARs that will pass by un-judged and un-priced. Sorry for that.

There’s a range of good writers that I follow on a close to daily basis and enjoy a lot which makes it somewhat difficult to choose one. Still, there’s one author who writes in a way which is really enjoyable and what makes him stand out a little bit extra, from a few of the other top writers, is the larger sections of well written and descriptive texts, about persons or places, which colors the AAR - especially in the beginning but also here and there through the story. It brings extra realism to the rest of the AAR in a really nice way. All in all, this is a very enjoyable AAR which I eagerly will continue to follow. This said…

…My nomination goes to Redandwhite for his excellent End of Empire.

Read it!

Edit: And once again - I consider myself honoured to be listed togeather with such great writers. I will surely keep it up - and I hope you all do the same.

Wow!! Twice!! That is indeed an honour, especially coming from such an accomplished campaigner as CptEasy. Thank you most kindly, sir.

Congrats Redandwhite!

Nice choice. Congratulations Redandwhite :)

For 27th February, I’ve nominated Darknesskilla for his superb V2 work “Raise the black flag high – A Prussian AAR”

Raise the black flag high! A Prussian AAR

Once I discovered it, I read it all in one go. Beautifully illustrated, wonderfully presented and thoughtfully written, the authors skilful mix of personal stories with the broad sweep of nation politics keeps the reader engaged throughout. The art/illustrations alone are beautifully presented and perfectly capture the spirit of 19th Century Europe.

Very well done Darknesskilla. Keep up the excellent work