• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations, paranoid one uhm tsar I mean :D !

Once again, thanks to everyone for all the kind words! I hope to see you all at 2 pm today for "One Knight Only." :D

Selecting next week's WritAAR of the Week was not an easy choice, but once I remembered this recognition is not "AAR of the Week" but for the writer's overall contributions it got a bit easier.

My choice is Solmyr. His latest AAR is The Secret History and it's so well done I didn't even care that it involved Byzantium. ;)

Other recommended AARs by this WritAAR include Going to Canossa and Stupor Mundi - The House of Hohenstaufen .

Congratulations Solmyr!

*takes Allenby's hat and runs off with it*

congrats Solmyr :)

Congrats are definitely in order!!

Congratulations, Solmyr!

Ever since the great Stupor Mundi I have followed your AARs (even if it was under another name back then :D ) some less than I would have liked, but we all have a life to live besides our being as paradox members of a forum ;) . Certainly highly deserved, congratulations :) !

Solmyr said:
Wow. I just noticed this thread completely by accident. I had no idea. :D Thanks guys.
Guess I'll have to pick the next WritAAR, huh?
Guess I'll also have to start another CK AAR soon, eh? ;)

First you will have to tell a little about yourself and the reasons you write AARs :D !

DoS said:
First you will have to tell a little about yourself and the reasons you write AARs :D !

Weeeellll...

I like medieval history. That is why I got CK as soon as I could and have been playing it ever since. It stands as my favorite Paradox game of all, surpassing EU2. ;) As for AARs, I like roleplaying, run RP games myself, and CK gives ample opportunity for that with its many characters.

And I'm not telling you anymore. :D

As this week's WritAAR I nominate Duke of Saxony or DoS as he is now known (I have no idea why he changed his name :D). Our resident German expert's first AAR was Haus Wettin and now he is writing Die Wittelsbacher. Both have remarkable attention to detail and character development. It remains to be seen whether there will be any famous German dynasties left for me by the time I get to another German AAR, or whether DoS will go through them all. ;)

Congratulations, DoS!

That's a great choice. I must make it a goal to get around to the new one, DoS. And why did you change your name? This question and many more will be answered soon I hope. Congrats!

Solmyr said:
As this week's WritAAR I nominate Duke of Saxony or DoS as he is now known (I have no idea why he changed his name :D). Our resident German expert's first AAR was Haus Wettin and now he is writing Die Wittelsbacher. Both have remarkable attention to detail and character development. It remains to be seen whether there will be any famous German dynasties left for me by the time I get to another German AAR, or whether DoS will go through them all. ;)

Receiving the award from the one that really made me want to write AARs, this is the greatest compliment and honor I have undergone in quite a while. Thanks, Solmyr! Since I have some things to do now I will come back later the day and write something about myself, my AARs and my reasons to change my name, since this seems to be an interesting topic ;) ! As said, I feel really :
Stolz.jpg
right now, just without the aspect of looking down on others ;) .

Ps.: Since I'm not that quick in updating you will have your shot at another german family I guess :D !

coz1 said:
That's a great choice. I must make it a goal to get around to the new one, DoS. And why did you change your name? This question and many more will be answered soon I hope. Congrats!

Thanks and it would be nice if you could come in from time to time, always appreciated your input :) . As for the name, as mentioned, I will tell later the day.

@ Sultan of Swing & anonymous4401: Thanks :) !

Last edited:
Ok, here I am again. First a little bit about myself, as Solmyr has already mentioned I’m german (23 years old), those that have read my first AAR “Haus Wettin – Before the Storm (1187)” already know that. When I registered on the forum I did it just because of CK, having been a longtime lurker the game idea really motivated me to overcome my idleness and register, being able to contribute as member of the community to improve it. The mixture of medieval flair and the dynastical RPG like aspect of the game had fascinated me and so it shouldn’t be surprising that I write my AARs with CK. My real name is Lutz, a short form of the german Ludwig btw., but in the forum most know me as “DoS”, which isn’t related to “MS DOS”, but is a short form of my old name “Duke of Saxony” that I registered with. As some might know I have a weakness for red wine, I don’t drink much, but enough that it has an effect. This was also the case when I registered and chose my name, so take redwine, enthusiasm for CK and a little local patriotism (yes, I’m a saxon :) ) and you get Duke of Saxony :D . Since I didn’t plan to stay it didn’t matter, but the longer I stayed the more I noticed that it wasn’t realy suiting especially in OT area where I’m also to be found quite regularly. The most important reason though is, that it made adressing me difficult, some said “Duke” which was Ok, but some said “Saxony” which was strange or would you want to be named “Georgia” or “New York” in an interaction? Addressing someone is important though, because it creates at least a little more personal relationship especially in a normaly impersonal environment as a forum can be. Since the day I have asked Havard to change it, adressing me is much more simple and is also used quite regularly now (admittedly the time I have spend here also has something to do with it certainly) and has helped me quite a lot to feel more comfortable around here. So that’s the answer to the question.
I have several reasons to write AAR’s. First, I have always loved to create stories, when I was still a child I often couldn’t sleep because I had lost myself in some wild adventure in my own mind. Now that I have found a game in a medieval timeframe with so much RPG character and possibilities its an ideal field to productively use this phantasy. As a 7th soon 8th semester Psychology student thinking myself into characters is also probably a part of the fun when writing, but don’t think I consider my AARs as some scientific work they are not, but they do sometimes have a hint of what I do in “real” life. A main reason is also that an AAR allows me to have a direct feedback on my work. I like the interaction between reader and writer, without it I would probably give it up even when seeing that I have many views and if its just one reader who says: “Good work, keep it up.” that is everything I need to keep on going. On a sidenote I want to say something about my english and language in general, since I have received quite positive feedback over the last months, maybe to give those hope that think theirs is not that well or struggle still in school. The first three years I had english in school I had just a mark “4” which in fact means, miserable, but not miserable enough to repeat class. I never till this day understood the explicit rules of grammar, neither in german nor in english so my marks were bad till the day we didn’t have to explain anymore, for implicitly I have learned to use them automaticaly quite well with practice and some talent, but I never could and can explain why I use grammatic rules. Ok, thats it, if there is still a question I will try to answer it, if not its also OK! :)

I will use this week to search also in the other AAR areas for good writers, we’ll see…

Congrats