• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations Lord E!

Congratulations Lord E. I have not as yet read your AAR, but I will get there eventually.

Great job Lord E! :)

Many congratulations Lord E. A marvellous writAAR all round!

Well this indeed a great honour.

First of all thanks to Drake Rlugia for nomination me.

Then I would like to say thank you to you all for your support, it means a lot.

The story was one I began back when EUIII came out. Influence by the competition held by Singleton Mosby I started thinking that an AAR made in the time of Cardinal Richelieu could be very interesting. So I decided to give it a go and fired up EUIII. The reason for starting in 1625 and not at the Paradox created starting date at the beginning of the Thirty Year War was that I wanted the game to start out with the Kings of both England and France the correct one, this giving me a possibility to play around with the historical monarchs and more importantly their advisors at the beginning of the game… So far the game has been very interesting, I have to admit that I have played bad in my dealing with the Huguenot uprisings that started, but as that makes the story much better I think it is okay ;)

As for me I am a 19 year old Norwegians who have been writing AAR for some years already, as some of you know I still have a Norwegian HoI2 AAR running, it was started back in the summer of 2005 and it seems that it might end this summer after 2 years…. It sure has been a long and nice story, I had never thought it would become such a project when I started my main goal was to try to defend against the Germans and now Norway is invading the Soviet Union. Well I guess you can say the two AARs are very different :)

At the moment I am pretty busy unfortunately, exams are coming up and in the afternoons I am at work so for the next couple of weeks I will have little time to write on weekdays, but I intended to continue both AARs and they will be updated in the weekends.

So once again thank you very much all, although I have a week I think I shall start looking around already today for the next winner…. I have to admit that I already have some candidates on my list. There are a lot of great writers on Paradox and I try to read at least some of their works… but I will use my week well and then you shall get to know next Sunday who will be the next writAAR of the week…

Once again thank you very much :)

Well done! :) Updating two AARs at a time sounds like a great feat to me, but I guess it can help you to sail different universes and avoid a single-minded obsessive mood.

Many congrats, Lord E!

Congrats are definitely in order, Lord E. Some great writing recently. Hopefully I will get to catch up on it soon.

Aye, well done. Much deserved.

Well it is Sunday and time to pass the award on…

Once again thank you very much to everyone for your kind words, it is always nice to see that people enjoy what you are doing.

I had some candidates in mind already last week when I got this and I hope that I have used the week well thinking about it and reading more to make it even easier to decide. As I am sure everyone knows the Paradox forums are filled with talented and great writers and there are so many worthy people that could get this award. But a decision was needed of course so…

The next WritAAr of the Week is daemonofdecay for his great AAR The Final Crusade - A Knights AAR

Congratuatlions :)

Congratulations. Tis a great AAR.

Congratulations daemonofdecay.