• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well-deserved. This is a well-imagined, and creatively-written AAR. Fully worth checking out.

Goodness, I just realized this is the first time winning, Iain. :eek: Congrats are definitely in order. Too long in coming, if you ask me. :)

Two awards in one week and it's neither Christmas or my birthday - wow.

*pinches self*

Seriously though, thanks a lot for this Uriah, and thanks to the rest of you for your kind words! My Oranje AAR is still very new, and it means a lot to me to learn that it is managing to entertain so many people (unless of course this is a sympathy vote... ;))!

One thing I've learned from both this AAR and from my Suenik one (which is still going strong - it's not being abandoned in favour of the red-headed step child that is Oranje!) is that the input from readers is more valuable than you might expect in shaping the direction the story takes and in keeping you, the author, going when writer's block threatens.

Therefore, thanks to all my readers for keeping me motivated throughout!

Anyway, I'll have a delve around in AARland (and will endevaour to move outwith my regular haunts) and try and find a suitably worthy successor for next week.

Thanks again!

Well, the time has come for me to pass on this prestigious honour.

I have been looking at various AARs over the past week (including several in areas that I don't normally frequent) and I have finally made my decision.

The story in question is one of murder, drunkenness, obesity and...er…world conquest and is, I believe, its author's first AAR. The reasons I've selected him as writer of the week are as follows:

1) He's funny and manages to make his humour seem natural rather than forced.
2) He manages, brilliantly in my humble opinion, to capture the self-deprecating nature of my native Scotland and its people in his writing. The one thing we Jocks like more than victory is glorious defeat (oh and alcohol) and we're most assuredly our own worst critics. This sense of "small-nation-syndrome" is all over this AAR.

In abundance.

For those of you unfamiliar with it, I am referring to morningSIDEr's wonderful Glasgow Kiss - A Scottish WC HttT AAR and it's because of this that I'm nominating him as writer of the week.

Enjoy the award amigo!

Congrats! :)

On a side note, I hope to get the first post updated soonish with the latest winners (as well as for the other weeklies - time gets away from me. :rolleyes:)

Congratz morningSIDEr!

Congratulations morningSIDEr!