• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations, Taybaxter! I'm on my way to check out your AAR right now. :)

I've been taking a look around the forums for some AAR's to read. This award has really sparked me to move beyond the Victoria forum and look at other good AAR's (I have EU2 but never got into it as much due, mostly, to the fact that Victoria is so complex...). If anyone has any suggestions for some AAR's to read I would love one.

I've been reading a few and have some ideas as to who I will nominate, but I have yet to check, for example, the CK or HOI AAR's. EU2 forum kept me occupied for quite a while :p

It's always good to read more AARs!

After much deliberation I have made my decision as to who will be the next Writer of the Week. I really got a chance to take a look at EU2 AAR's and even some HOI ones in the process, but in the end the writer that caught me the most is Maximilliano. Thus, I stuck with Victoria on this one. His AAR La Alma de Mexico -- a story of Mexico , masterfully blends action within the game to an intriguing set of characters with a first hand view of the situations within such a difficult country.

I like it because it is like two AAR's in one -- it's a gameplay AAR at the same time that it is a narrative one.

So Congratulations Maximilliano! You deserve it! ;)

Oops! I thought I had a day or two still... Congratulations Taybaxter!!!

And now, Congratulations Maximiliano!!! I've been reading your AAR, and I'm impressed!

Rensslaer

haha wow, this was a tad unexpected to say the least... im really honored, i never thought my AAR would win anything, i just figured i've been reading them for years, might as well write at least one (and butcher my langauge in the process). Thank you very much for nominating me and i hope La Alma continues to entertain

Congratulations, Maximilliano! :)

Very many congratulations.

Congratulations!

Congratulations Maximilliano, well done :)

Way to go, Max! I've been reading your work and it is certainly deserving. Congrats!

Congratulations Maximilliano!

Thanks everyone, im still kinda taken aback by all this but hey, its all good. Im looking around and i definately have an AAR in mind, but my "research" hasn't been extensive by any stretch of the imagination, so we'll see come sunday.

Thanks again,
Maximilliano

Maximilliano said:
Thanks everyone, im still kinda taken aback by all this but hey, its all good. Im looking around and i definately have an AAR in mind, but my "research" hasn't been extensive by any stretch of the imagination, so we'll see come sunday.

Thanks again,
Maximilliano

Heck I made the right decision. I'm sure you can :cool: .

Congratulations again! ;)

coz1 listens to the man's prepared speech as he smokes a cigarette in the corner and rolls his drink around in his hand. Realizing he has too much ice, he walks the few steps to the bAAR as he mentions in an aside,

"Now your supposed to step on up to the podium and tell us a bit about yourself. That's half the fun, right?"

The rest of the room offers a hearty cheer and Maximilliano, who had so far succesfully stayed clear of having to make any type of long speech was cornered. Someone, he wasn't sure who, shoved a plate piled high with a delicious looking cake into his hands and he was gently pushed back towards the stage.

"That's right...you didn't think you'd get off that easily, did you?"

The crowd extends a gracious round of applause as Max is made to speak again... ;)

coz1 said:
coz1 listens to the man's prepared speech as he smokes a cigarette in the corner and rolls his drink around in his hand. Realizing he has too much ice, he walks the few steps to the bAAR as he mentions in an aside,

"Now your supposed to step on up to the podium and tell us a bit about yourself. That's half the fun, right?"

The rest of the room offers a hearty cheer and Maximilliano, who had so far succesfully stayed clear of having to make any type of long speech was cornered. Someone, he wasn't sure who, shoved a plate piled high with a delicious looking cake into his hands and he was gently pushed back towards the stage.

"That's right...you didn't think you'd get off that easily, did you?"

The crowd extends a gracious round of applause as Max is made to speak again... ;)

"My mom says i'm not allowed to talk to strangers." Turns out Maximilliano is a man of few words, and possibly a toddler ;) I'm sorry i did not respond earlier, its been a distracting week on many accounts.

I happy to announce that I believe I have found the new writer of the week. The Victoria streak will continue for one more AAR. To play Spain in Victoria with the VIP mod is not exactly the easiest thing to do. To bring Spain back from its decline of power after the Golden Age is a task entirely of its own. In portraying a second Reconquista, this writer artfully blends a tasteful text-book description of Spain's exploits and the occasional 3rd person narrative where we catch glimpses of seemingly living characters.

For this reason i move to nominate Caudillo and The Silver Age: A Spain AAR. Congratulations Caudillo, you've earned it!

Salud,
Maximilliano