• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations demokrat! Yikes, you might be matching my record soon if you're not careful (believe me, trying to come up with things to say in the speeches after the fourth award, believe me it is tough!). Taking nothing away, Ireland Awake is a fun AAR and I enjoy it hugely!
I like to think each speech could be structured around the specific idea of the award - for fan, speak to comments; for writer, speak of the craft, joy, etc. Each weekly award is designed with a special designation to reward a certain aspect of forum activity. I always like to speak on that. :)

I'd also like to express a certain appreciation of demokratickid's activity of late - I can only be thankful for a member that has the ability and desire to not only write their own work and put themselves at the mercy of many or few comments, but also takes the opportunity to share his time on the forum with others also trying and desiring those same comments. Our winner here not only talks the talk, as it were in his writing, but he gets out there unselfishly and lets others know they too are giving us something to read and enjoy. That is walking the walk. That is a true fan. That it comes from someone also capable of winning this award (twice I might add) speaks tons about demokratickid's activity on the forum. I already offered congrats, but let me say too - thanks! :D

I'd also like to express a certain appreciation of demokratickid's activity of late - I can only be thankful for a member that has the ability and desire to not only write their own work and put themselves at the mercy of many or few comments, but also takes the opportunity to share his time on the forum with others also trying and desiring those same comments. Our winner here not only talks the talk, as it were in his writing, but he gets out there unselfishly and lets others know they too are giving us something to read and enjoy. That is walking the walk. That is a true fan. That it comes from someone also capable of winning this award (twice I might add) speaks tons about demokratickid's activity on the forum. I already offered congrats, but let me say too - thanks! :D

Hey, I try to be a good fan too :p
I don't understand him, commenting and writing so swiftly normally don't go hand in hand. :wacko:
Just amazing.

I like to think each speech could be structured around the specific idea of the award - for fan, speak to comments; for writer, speak of the craft, joy, etc. Each weekly award is designed with a special designation to reward a certain aspect of forum activity. I always like to speak on that. :)

I agree totally, but thinking up something to say after 5 awards in 6 weeks, it was becoming rather unimaginative at the end....

Wow! Thank you huys so much for my second award this week! :wacko: It is always an honor to stand at this little podium, announcing my mark on the world! I'm glad to see I am so appreciated, and that my writing is appreciated! I must thank trekaddict for nominating me, but I must thank above all YOU, yes YOU, the reader, the writer, the lunitic fan who pretends to hate my AAR (looking at you, The_Guiscard and volksmarschall). Without your efforts this forum would not exist as a place of public and private worship to the art of writing.

@coz1- Yeah, I think I've won enough awards this week! :D And, thank you so much! I am honored to have such high praise from such a Titan of AARland!
@Enewald- Take a spped reading class, that's what I did. I guess I can read about twice the volume in one hour that normal people do. Thus, I can get through works faster and comment on things even more! :D
@robou- Well, I have a standard sppech I came up with after my second award, and I just use it witth a little variation for each award thereafter! :D

@The rest of you- Thanks for your congratulations so much! I really appreciate it! :D

Nice work demokratickid. Congratulations :)

Congratulations demokratickid :D

Zing! Or boosh! Or . .. I like the Ireland AAR because it's like an intravenous AAR you can read in little injections. I like demokratickid because he's like an intravenous poster who posts in little injections. The relationship between the writer and his AAR is synergistic. I have no idea what I am saying. Congratulations!

Grudging congratulations, demokratickid. ;)

(Stalks away, muttering under his breath of his hate for a certain AAR.)

:rofl: :D

Zing! Or boosh! Or . .. I like the Ireland AAR because it's like an intravenous AAR you can read in little injections. I like demokratickid because he's like an intravenous poster who posts in little injections. The relationship between the writer and his AAR is synergistic. I have no idea what I am saying. Congratulations!

Either you drink copius amounts of alcohol on a regular basis, or you were dropped on your head as a baby. I can't figure out which it is, or if it's both... :rofl: :D :D :p

Congratulations demokratickid!

Thank you, once again, to all those who have congratulated me! However, it is Sunday, and once again time to pass on the torch to another deserving writAAR. Looking at the list in the beginning, I found that this person has won this award many times before, but that didn't deter me from selecting them (Plus, they hadn't won since Sept. of '07) and their brilliant writing. Thus, I offiically name coz1 the writAAR of the Week for his brilliant AAR, The Longest Night! Alright, we had our conversation about speech giving, let's see what you can do! ;)

Deserved. :cool:

I can only wonder how that mind has shaped the AAR. Does he plan all of it out beforehand or does he go with the flow :D

No matter, it is always brilliant. Though I think there should be references to newer songs ;)