• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congrats to you sir!

I think Singleton must be off celebrating his birthday! I did let him know about this, so I trust we will hear from him soon.

Renss

Rensslaer said:
I think Singleton must be off celebrating his birthday! I did let him know about this, so I trust we will hear from him soon.

Renss

I indeed was, I only have i-net at my work and have a free day on Wednesday.

All right. So I am the WritAAr of the week (for the second time) :D First off all thanks a lot to you all for the support. I had a lot of fun writing my latest AAR (and first ‘real’ vicky AAR) and because of your nice comments it was even more fun.
A bit about this Aar; lately I have been reading a lot of diaries, journals and memoires. Letters from the Crimea, Magelhaes and Zeng He and the great Babur’s memoires. And so I decided to pour my next Aar in such a mould.
For those whom read id, so far, and licked it; there is much, much more to come. In the Aar I have only posted about two-three months while I have writen seven already.
Jan van Maanen will train a battalion, learn Japanese. Then he will be quaraintined because of Cholera before being send to war in Korea.
If you like this Aar I think much more will come in the future as I have some masisve plans. A journal of a 1500’s Portugese captain. A diary of an American civil war soldier and best of all, I will re-write Babur’s memoires.

A bit about me:
My real name is Mark Spierenburg (John Singleton Mosby is one of my heroes) and I am 22 years old & live in Rotterdam, The Netherlands. There I have a house and a nice garden where I grow my own vegetables, flowers and herbs where I live with my wonderfull girlfriend, a cat and a rabbit.
I work (32 hours a week) for a credit-management company and have some great fun there. I devellop stuff and shorten workflows. Next to that I write manuals and tutorials for our system. Next to those 32 hours of work I do....nothing. I read and write and do lots of fun stuff with my girl.

My main interests are history, American Civil War and medieval Middle and Near-east. My big herous are John Singleton Mosby (acw 1860’s), Tamerlane (a Turkish warrior 14th century) and Babur, Akbar and Djzehangir (great-grandfather , father and son the 1st 3rd and 4th emperors of Mughal India).
From the stuff above you might imagine what sort of education I had. The simple answer, none. I did only go to school until my 17th. Just could not fit in there.
I learned myself English trough reading and writing and found a boss (a year ago) whom gave me a bige chance for develloping myself. And now I direct people with uni-education :D.

Well that was all in short......you will read more of me (I hope) either on this site and in the outside world. Like many of us around I like to write a book once. For this purpose I hope to go from Samarkand (Turkmenistan) to Delhi (India) in order to re—write/edit the Babur-Nama.

If you wanna know more, just fire away for now all thanks a lot for the support and I hope we can keep up the good work we are doing on this site. Write and read on!

Do I need to appoint the next writAAR?

Valdemar said:
Yes :) when your week is up :)

V

All right, that will be next tuesady. I will be looking for someone. :)

Actually, SM, that would be on Sunday rather than Tuesday. We try to make it a Sunday to Sunday thing if possible. :)

Next writAAR of the week. Van Engel

First, I have to admit something...I am not very much of a reader on the forum, I am more of a writaar. But I did enjoy some of the AAr's around very very much. One of the AAR's I licked the most of the once I read was the Dutch AAR of van Engel. It is already finished but very very good. Go read it!

Therfore, without keeping you up much longer. The next writAAr of the week is van Engel!

:D

Congrats Van Engel!

Congratulations, Van Engel!

I will have to go check out your Dutch AAR, as well as your others. I need a good intro to EUII, which I do hope to purchase one of these days.

Rensslaer