• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations, Joe! Once again. :D I think I've lost count of how many times you've been awarded here, but the truth is there aren't enough weeks in the year to give you as many as you deserve.

Your only problem is you live too far away for your fans to come to your house, chain you to the computer and, um, help you produce enough to satisfy us. :eek:;)

Of course, 'She Who Will Not Be Denied' already has you in her net and none of us are strong enough to face her wrath. So I suppose we'll have to be content with what you can offer us.

Sincerely, though - congratulations. Well deserved!

"Drinks at the baar are on Storey!"

Yeah, I think he is setting some sort of record.. perhaps someone should try and give him an award for getting most awards? :D

Congrats Joe, been a while since I read your stuff... well any stuff truthfully, but still, you are one of the good ones :p

V

Thank you again CatKnight for the honor and now it comes time to pass the baton. There’s a couple of AARs that have caught my eye on the EU III forum because of the obvious effort and skill that is being put into them. So it wasn’t easy to pick but I finally settled on...

“Histories of the Islamic Countries” by Marco Oliverio.

Its told in an historical reporting style that gives the reader a clear understanding of what is going on without becoming bogged down under a mountain of facts. Creative maps add to the texture of the story being told and interesting game play tops it off. It’s a new story so there’s still time to jump aboard from the beginning and enjoy the ride.

Congrats Marco.

Thanks for the nomination, Storey! i've enjoyed your stories over the years. This is a real honor! And lots of pressure to make it enjoyable for everyone. :eek:

I'm enjoying this game a lot! I really wanted a challenge, and I figured that Granada in MMP would be one. I wanted to go for ahistorical; that's why I chose No Lucky Nations. I don't know why I chose Hard and Aggressive - I guess all in the service of a challenge (and I think I was hoping that those would make the AI beat itself up more than usual!)

So I'm definitely not following a historical path, but I'm thinking about it as historical in another dimension. HAHA And I hope I can make it all make sense as the tale unfolds - meaning I don't want it to JUST be a game of "taking what seems easy" but a game that follows a logic that makes sense. We'll see!

I'm trying to play out a few years and then write about what happens. So I really don't know what will happen! This could be a really short AAR for all I know! But I hope not - there's a lot of potential with Granada starting as a Despotic Sultanate and fairly Innovative, Centralized and fully Defensive (among other things.) We'll see. I can't wait! :p

I'll definitely be looking around this week for the next nominee! That's a cool thing to "have" to do, too!

Thanks again! I really do feel excited about this! How geeky is that? But cool geeky! Right?!?!?! :rofl:

(Feel free to pass on advice as you see fit in the AAR!) :D

Congratulations :)

Congrats , sir :D

Congratulations, Marco Oliverio :)

Conrqatulations, Marco Oliverio!

New WritAAR of the week.

Well, I have been assiduously reading all sorts of AARs this week to pass on the honor/baton/golden statue as directed in the instructions.

I have to say that while there are lots of amazing AARs out there I've been totally blown away by Vishaing's A Tale of Two Germanies.

The graphics are amazing - I mean mind-boggling! The story is intense and complicated in a way that totally engages you, and there's a mystery at its core that I'm very interested to see revealed. On top of that, Vishaing has taken the time to point people to graphic resources, given some tips on what he's done and how he's done it, and been an all-around fantastic AAR community member.

So, congrats to Vishaing on being nominated as WriteAAR of the week! Go check out his AAR and be prepared to be amazed! :D