• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations ! :D

Congratulations Volksmarschall!

Congratulations, volksmarschall :)

Congratulations volksmarschall :)

This comes to me as quite a surprise! I wouldn't have thought to have come close to recieving this awAARd...

Well, I want to send out a thanks to Fiftypence for this nice surprise and nomination.

Well for those who may not know me or my work Saints And Angels here is a quick tour. I'm volksmarschall or volks, volksy (thanks robou, it's very catchy) I'm German-Irish and can trace my family back to 1450's Austria. "Saints and Angels" is a rather simple piece of work I think, dealing with the American Civil War from the view of a single American family living in Kentucky. When the war breaks out the two oldest brothers enlist for opposite sides, while back at home the town comes under very hard times under a stuanch Pro-Confederate.

It follows the brothers who come to battle on several occassions, the family back at home, and all the troubles and problems the war is having on America and her people. It based on a Vicky game I had played dealing with the war, which was also the best I've ever done, and decided to put it into action. I've currently proceeded farther than I ever thought I would, so thanks for all those who have supported me, and will be, or haven't yet had the time too. Thanks once again to Fiftypence, and I hope I didn't bore you all to death :p

Thanks,

- volks.

Well done comrade! Now I want to see them Union boys kicking some Rebel beh-aind soon!

Congratulations, nice play!

Well, that time is coming again; and since I think I'll be busy tomorrow I'll give you the new Writer of the Week right now. So I'll be sticking to the Vicky Family and bestow this awAARd upon Hardraade for beginning his new work A Flash of Lightning which is simply put, magnificently written by a magnificent writAAR. Don't be shy, come out and take your well deserved credit.

So without any further adu, I present to you Hardraade! (It's an Austrian AAR, YAY! :D )

Well done. 3 in 3 years, Hardraade...not bad at all. :) And well deserved. Congratulations. :cool:

Many congratulations !! Well deserved !

Congratulations!

Thanks everyone who has stopped by to offer their congratulations and thanks to volksmarschall for this rather unexpected honor. It come as a bit of a surprise as the AAR has just begun.

As volksmarschall said, A Flash of the Lightning is an Austrian AAR. Right now the only character to have been introduced is a young Austrian soldier named Artur, but others will follow from the various parts of Austrian society. The AAR will depict events in the Empire during a specific part of it's (in game)history that will be covered in more detail as the AAR unfolds.

Thanks again, volksmarschall. Though I must say that getting this award at the beginning of the AAR puts a certain amount of pressure on me that I'm not sure that I'm comfortable with!;)

Congratulations - you're certainly a most worthy recipient and you deserve all the plaudits you can get.