• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations Judas Maccabeus :)

Félicitations, monseigneur JM!

Time to toss the award off to someone else, now, and the choice was quite an easy one. Our next WritAAR of the week is:

Myth!

His Explorations in Strategy: Italy at War is an in-depth, very well thought-out study of how real-life strategic thought and theory can be applied to HoI3. Along with doing an excellent job of fitting game mechanics and events into a realistic framework, he does equally well at glossing over the game's oddities and unrealistic bits. He deserves it for the amount of work that must have been put into it if nothing else!

Congratulations :)

Congratulations Myth :)

My goodness! I wasn't expecting this at all. My game is really nothing much more than, as the title indicates, an exploration of the game mechanics. Obviously, with an eye to attempting to really "do" strategy and succeed in this task, but nevertheless still an exploratory work. If it is becoming or has become anything more than this, then I can't really be held responsible for such a development as it wasn't really a conscious decision. I'm just playing one year at a time, and frequently when I write about one year I haven't even played the next one yet. I don't even think I'm really putting that much strategy into it; it's difficult to balance my writing between mentioning the strategic impact of something in one update, or in the conclusion, or in another update as the case may be and sometimes updates display a dearth of strategic thinking. I'm also probably not focusing on real policy objectives enough, though that's probably because I don't really have any! :p Maybe once I hit real war, things will get a bit clearer. ;)

Anyway, that's enough rambling from me. :p Just gotta say, thanks! :D

Many congratulations, Myth! :)
Your AAR is a really interesting example of a Hoi 3 playstyle and spiced with interesting hisctorical details from the view of a dictator. Considering your former works in the AARland that award was overdue in any way!

Congratulations! Well deserved!

Many congratulations Myth !