• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well done old Pip. :)

Congrats, El Pip. Both AARs are very enjoyable. Well done. :D

Jolly nice work El Pip, congratulations :)

Congratulations, El Pip! :)

Congratulations!

Speech! Speech! Oh no wait, it's me who's won it. Bugger.

About me? Well when I was young I became seperated from my family on a trip and was raised by Wolves. It was a rewarding childhood and taught me the value of a good dentist and the many ways to prepare raw venison. Sadly I was forced to leave my adopted pack when the zoo keepers threw me out of the wolf enclosure, but I still visit regularly with meat or, if I can't find any, I push one of the visitors in and walk away whistling.

What? That wasn't what you meant? Then you should be more clear next time.

Onto the AARs, well I suppose there about as opposite as can be. Fjords is an ongoing homage to puns, blatant comedy stereotypes and crude photoshopping, anything goes for a quick joke or a cheap laugh. Great fun to write and seemingly enjoyed by literally dozens, perhaps more. :D

Butterfly on the other hand is a labour of love that regularly takes several hours per update. While Fjords is barely planned a joke ahead I've got bare bone updates for events that wont happen for years prepared. Researched to within an inch of it's life I've been gratified with the response and, at my current rate of progress, expect to still be writing it for months, possibly years. It has actually been updating slower than real time. :eek:

Both I, and my newly enlarged ego, would like to express our thanks to the readers, lurkers and everyone who said something nice. We especially thanks those who were extra sycophantic (You know who you are Kenneth)

kenneththegreat said:
Sycophantic?

From Wikipedia: "Thus the term has come to mean one who seeks to please people in positions of authority or influence in order to gain power themselves, usually at the cost of pride, principles, and peer respect." :p

Congratulations, El Pip! !

Right so time to pass on the award. I'll be honest it was tough and I wasn't sure who to pass in onto until yesterday when a new AAR started in the Victoria forum. Despite only being two posts long, I'd have happily given the award for the first post alone.

To end the suspense my WritAAR of the week is Xizo for A Foregone Conclusion of Failure - Moldavia

Congratulations Xizo, I shall have to go and read you story now :)