• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Looking good. Shall get stuck in immediatly.

Congratulations Veldmaarschalk :)

Great job, Veldmaarschalk. Always nice to have some instant recognition. Hopefully there will be many more to come in the future! Congrats!!

Congratulations!

Well, thank you and thank you, that is all I can say.

I am honoured that even my jibberish english is good enough ro receive such a great honour.

Well now, Veldmaarschalk - you are supposed to get up on the podium and tell us a little about yourself. ;) So spill...

Well I am from the Netherlands, come from a town called Zutphen, which is in the eastern part of the Netherlands.

I am 39, I work as a financial controller for a foundation in health care business. I am single and have 2 cats.

My greatest hobby is general history but mainly focused on military history. I like to read and have more then a 1,000 books at home.

My favourite book genre is fantasy, and the Song of Fire and Ice by George Martion my favourite serie in that genre.

The last music CD I bought was the album of Green Day, American Idiot.

The last DVD I bought was Kingdom of Heaven.

I am a big football fan (soccer for you americans :) ), I support a team called, Go Ahead Eagles, which plays in a town nearby. They currently play in the dutch second division, the team was founded in 1902 and we used to be a big club, 4-times national champion, alltough the last time was a while back, in 1933 ;) .

Paradox is my favourite games developer, obviously. HoI was the first game I bought from them. And I loved it. After about 3 months playing it, I found this forum and joined. I then bough EU2 and played that for almost a year. After about a year being member I started posting. After EU2 came Victoria, which I only played for a short time, I like part of its concept and the timeframe, but I just can't figure out how to play it.

Then came my favourite game CK. For me it is highly addictive, I am either playing it or discussing it on this forum, or I am involved in a mod.

I also have HoI2, which is nice, but I soon was back on CK again. CK is the only Paradox game I can play without ever using a cheatcode :). With the other I am always tempted to use 1 but CK is so easy in that aspect that I don't need to.

After some CK games, I started to write things down, familytrees, who did what when and so on. But I never came to writing an AAR. But then finally a few weeks ago, I thought lets give it a try. And see what happens, I am nominated WritAAR of the Week.

My main goal this year on the forum is to reach the 3,000 post mark. Which should be doable. At the beginning of this year I maybe had 400 posts, in june I reached a 1,000, late august, early september I was at 2,000.

I also hoping that I will be able to write more AAR's about CK.

It sounds geeky, and I am geeky but I am a proud geek :cool:

Catching up here...

Foller, I offer you most hearty congratulations on your award! You're a brave man, trying Diplomacy... The one time I played it (the board/RPG game) my best friend (Kireevsky) wouldn't talk to me for a week afterward! :rofl: I guess it's not so personal when it's a computer game.

And Veldmaarschalk, congratulations on your award too! Great to have someone around who has so many of the Paradox titles. I don't have CK yet (I will get it one day) but I have the others, mostly.

Rensslaer

Well my week is almost past, so I hereby want to announce who I will now nominate for WritAAr of the Week.

He is a fellow dutchmen, sorry for that but it is not nationalistic.

And he already has been WritAAR of the week, 2 times. Once in 2003 and once in 2004. And I think he deserves this title also in 2005.

So hereby I declare that I nominate Singleton Mosby as new WritAAR of the Week with his latetst AAR X-com: fighting 'the riders of the Apocalyps'.

Congratulations Singleton Mosby.

Congratulations and well done! Havent had a chance to check this out yet, but based on the astute opinions of the enlightened above, I will make an effort to do so this weekend!

Well deserved!
Congratulations, SM!