• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The week is now over and a wonderful weekend is upon us ! I wanted to thank again all the well wishers who have come about to say hello and join the celebration thank you all very much and please help continue to encourage all the great writers here !

For my choice , I wanted to look towards some of the newer talent on AARland that have yet to be recognized . Being someone who's understood what it means to be a new writer not too long ago , I can't help but stress the importance it is to see and read new talent and to approach them with the critical acclaim that they deserve . The lifeblood of AARland is always replenished whether it's by established writers continuing to make great work or by new writers who add not just their own great works to the forum , but also innovative and new ways by which they engage the reader and their craft .

To that end , I'd like to recognize one of these new individuals . This week , I choose Bingo Brett as the new WritAAR of the Week author of Opening The Papal AARchives 1453-1792 .

Bingo Brett is a new face on the forum but he's always ready to lend a smile as gregarious as a baseball stadium . He approaches others with honour and a confidence that makes him outstanding in his emphasis . His AAR is a testament to his flexible style as well as his ability to channel the comedic and academic in a helical tango of impressive acumen and side hitting wit .

His work also expresses the reality of the situations of the times and the pressures and sanctity that went hand in hand . Well done , Bingo , and I hope you enjoy this day and the next few days . You've been a good friend that I've been glad to meet and I'm very honoured to be able to hand this award to you as a testament to your excellent as a writer . Please continue to provide us with excellent entertainment . Well done !

Congratulations Bingo Brett! Very well deserved!

Congratulations Bingo Brett :)

Oh and it seems like I missed canonized’s week, so congrats to canonized also

congrats Bingo Brett.

Congrats BB! Excellent choice and well deserved. :)

Congratulations!

Congratulations Bingo! I'll have a look in your AAR as soon as I get the opportunity.

Wow! I'm so humbled, I'm almost speechless. But that's not possible... :rofl:

It's funny that I found out about winning this award while I was sitting on the crapper. It's true!! I feel like Christine Lahti at the Golden Globes. :D I told one of my friends who has been reading the AAR that I was going to post the next chapter last night for people to read over the weekend. But since I went and did a little boozing and cruising last night that didn't happen. Sorry! He called me up this morning saying, "Did you know you won an award for your writing?" And I'm all like, "Dude, I haven't won anything since a $2 show bet at Saratoga back in '95" Well lo and behold I finally get on here (stoopid too busy come back later) and it's true. So now I have to come up with an acceptance speech right here on the spot. Here goes:

Thank you ladies and gentlemen for allowing me here tonight and honoring me with this WritAAR of the Week award. I appreciate the confidence and encouragement that canonized has shown me, and I hope that I can live up to these lofty expectations. Furthmore I would like to thank the readers of Opening The Papal AARchives 1453-1792 for their support, comments, and continued readership. I promise to have actual game screenshots again soon. :rolleyes: Finally I would like t thank my Daddy and Elvis. Thank you all!

AND OMG! I REALLY DO WANT WORLD PEACE!!! :D

Last edited:
Congratulations on your award! I will check out your AAR.

Congrats Bingo Brett! :) Do you know that your nick means bingo card in Norwegian? :D Though as I see your from an area of the US which through history has had large quantities of Scandinavian immigrants Im sure you knew that already. ;)

LOL, yeah I heard that. Lucky for me, I'm originally from New York. But I do know how to use "uff da" in a sentence correctly! :D