• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thank you CatKnight, I am happy to receive this award! Thanks for the praise as well. :) Also, thank you loki100, Qorten, Fookison and Enewald for the congrats.

It appears that whenever I need my mood lifted (overworked and underpaid in RL, as usual ;)), this forum never fails to deliver. So I am always proud to do my part in trying to add to the quality content and friendly environment here.

It is true that for my AARs, being firmly rooted in the gameplay is as much of a constant as pink annotations. :p This is especially true for Children of the Sun, which is for the most part written from my perspective, but even with a game world perspective, my style is to tell it as it happened in-game.

I should also give props to all the other writAARs that managed to draw me back to these forums for so long before I actually wrote anything myself. I don't want to name the best ones or the ones that have influenced me the most as a writAAR as those lists would be too long, but kudos to Rensslaer for getting me to come in, read and eventually join a couple of months later, and antracer for creating an atmosphere in his interactive AAR that finally pulled me out of lurker status after almost three years of hanging around.

Finally, thanks to everyone that reads and comments, in my AARs or anywhere else for that matter. There wouldn't be much need for an award like this without readAARs as I suspect that there wouldn't be too many writAARs.

Congratulations, Malorus!

Congrats, Malurous!

Congratulations :)

I'm amused by the many spelling variations you guys have been able to come up with when trying to type my name. :D Anyway, thanks also to gabor, Lord E, dinofs, King_Richard_XI and Iain Wilson for the congrats!

I'm passing this along to someone who, interestingly enough, previously won it almost exactly a year ago. Someone who's apparently quite prolific: since the previous award, there have already been a few new AARs by this writAAR that I've enjoyed immensely due to some excellent writing and the showcasing of interesting mods. Someone who's right now entertaining us with The Pharaohs Return: An Alexandrian AAR - congratulations to Sybot, the new WritAAR of the Week!

Congratulations Sybot on a well-deserved award!

Thank you very much, Malurous! I'll take it as a great compliment that both of my EU3 AARs (that I haven't ended up cancelling) have earned me this award. I'm not to good with speeches so I'll just say that I hope I can continue to entertain my readers with my AARs for a long time to come.

Congratulations, Sybot! :)

Again, thank you all for the award.

For my nomination, I pick Chimina for the AAR Un Nouveau Départ - A Divergences AAR. Although he is a new author I have been impressed with the quality shown so far. It combines two of my favourite things to see in AARs, alternate history mods and a writing style that shows off gameplay while keeping an internal logic to actions within the game.

So, congratulations Chimina!

Congratulations Chimina :)