+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 357 FirstFirst ... 19 44 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 94 119 144 169 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 7134

Thread: WritAAR of the Week: GreatWyrmGold

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisEU Rome Collectors Edition500k club

Congrats, ukmj

Deus Vult

Congratulations, sir!

I am off to reading your AAR.
    AARs:
    Pictorial and gameplay - China: The Yellow Fever - Favorite EU2 Gameplay AAR Q2 2006, Q1 2007, Q2 2007
    Comedy - England: All your COT are belong to us - Weekly AAR Showcase 25-02-07, Favorite EU2 AAR Q1 2007, Favorite EU2 Comedy AAR Q2 2007
    History book - Spain: The final frontier

You might very well think that. I couldn't possibly comment.

Canadian Nationalist Spitfire_Pilot's Avatar

Congrats ukmj. Ill have to check out your AAR
    Nationality: Canadian/Newfoundlander
    Religion: Catholic
    Ideology: Fascism
    Darkest Hour Ideology: Fascist
    Kaiserreich Ideology: National Populist
    Issues: Planned Economy/National Equality/Canadian Culture
    Current Work: Butcher
    Revolt Risk: 38.45

Congrats!
    10 more years!

Mombotian Marshal Oranje Verzet's Avatar

Moving around till I find a nice place to rest my feet
    Well deserved for this 'veteran' in the HOI2 section, wow that sounds really stupid in itself.... anyways congrats!

Well it seems to be that time of the Week for me to choose a new writAAR of the week! There’s a lot of great AAR's out there to choose from and fortunately its a difficult choose; but choose I have too! Its ‘Gul Brown’ for The Ultimate War

Congratulations!
    We choose to do these things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win. (John F. Kennedy)

Norway über alles kenneththegreat's Avatar

Hurray for Gul Brown's intresting concept and intresting AAR

DiplomacyDivine WindFor the MotherlandEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2

An Ultimate choice.
    Snake IV used to be a regular, but not anymore. You might, however, come across him at rare occasions, but that is so seldom you'll manage.

Compulsive CommentatAAR stnylan's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Blog Entries
    Congratulations.
    To view is human, to comment is divine.
    "Be not afraid" - John Paul II
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.
    Current AAR: Stories of King Sean CK2 4.1
    Completed AAR: In Memory of France EU2
    View my full AAR list at The Inkwell
    My library and My blog
    Ask not what AARland can do for you, but what you can do for AARland.

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisEU Rome Collectors Edition500k club

Congrats.

The Closer Supermoderator Veldmaarschalk's Avatar
    77 games registered

200k clubCrusader Kings IIV2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Congratulations Gul Brown

Though I am hoping that the WritAAR of next week will be a non-HoI2 WritAAR

congrats! maybe something in the vicky forums?
    The Precise History of New England -AAR Writer of the Week 5/21/06-2/28-06
    doot doot doot 4D6574 Owner of 1 Yoyo dollar, $4-anonymous4401
    Fan of the Week 2/8/06-2/15/06

Was he free? Was he happy? The question is absurd:
    Had anything been wrong, we should certainly have heard.

My heart skipped a beat when i saw that and why was i here? Coming to Update the Ultimate War!

Im very honoured, there are some very skilled AAR writers here and some great AAR's going..ofcourse not Ultimate AAR's but still...

Thank you- it still has a long way to go and i hope you all keep enjoying it!

"...but someone has to pay for what's happened here, and I don't want that someone to be me." -Gul Dukat
    "I always hope for the best. Experience, unfortunately, has taught me to expect the worst." - Garak
    "We are in a society of politically-correct tree-hugging babies. Grow up and quit whining"- JBL
    "I condemn false prophets, I condemn the effort to take away the power of rational decision, to drain people of their free will -- and a hell of a lot of money in the bargain. Religions vary in their degree of idiocy, but I reject them all. For most people, religion is nothing more than a substitute for a malfunctioning brain."- Gene Roddenberry
    "As long as we have 'loyalty to the end', there's no point in believing in anything... even in those we love." The Boss
    "I won't have it! I won't have anyone speak of me in the past tense!!!" Squall Leonhart
    The Ultimate War [WritAAR of the Week: June 4, 2006]

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Wellington
    Well done Gul Brown

Thanks
    "...but someone has to pay for what's happened here, and I don't want that someone to be me." -Gul Dukat
    "I always hope for the best. Experience, unfortunately, has taught me to expect the worst." - Garak
    "We are in a society of politically-correct tree-hugging babies. Grow up and quit whining"- JBL
    "I condemn false prophets, I condemn the effort to take away the power of rational decision, to drain people of their free will -- and a hell of a lot of money in the bargain. Religions vary in their degree of idiocy, but I reject them all. For most people, religion is nothing more than a substitute for a malfunctioning brain."- Gene Roddenberry
    "As long as we have 'loyalty to the end', there's no point in believing in anything... even in those we love." The Boss
    "I won't have it! I won't have anyone speak of me in the past tense!!!" Squall Leonhart

Compulsive CommentatAAR stnylan's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Blog Entries
    Well, tell us a little about yourself! (tis the tradition of the thread)
    To view is human, to comment is divine.
    "Be not afraid" - John Paul II
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.
    Current AAR: Stories of King Sean CK2 4.1
    Completed AAR: In Memory of France EU2
    View my full AAR list at The Inkwell
    My library and My blog
    Ask not what AARland can do for you, but what you can do for AARland.

Tell a little about myself?
    Where to begin..and to resist the urge to break into a Dr.evil-esque tale...

Well where to begin, i have just finished my last year of high school and am now officially unemployed and in limbo between being an unemployed guy....and being an unemployed student. However dependant on results and kind Universities i may have to goto college for a year, meaning my plan to travel in europe is halted. I love walkin, having dogs all my life many a time i spend alone with a dog just walking for miles. To round up before i bore you further with a "this is your life" sounding post, i like History greatly [it is what i wish to study- i have always been good at it], hunting [those who saw that off-topic thread will know ], music , and games. There are many other things but thats for another time , it was only a little about myself afterall

I keep on coming back to Hoi2 and just love it. Ironically The Ultimate War did not start off as an AAR it started off as a question in the Hoi2 forums, i was asking which nations should be in which alliances and if anybody had attempted something similar. I was met with people saying how i should make an AAR out of it. So months later i did. [there is a link at the start of the AAR telling this]. It is nice to see my work rewarded , and im grateful to those who read and to the fine fellow who nominated my AAR, especially in a place filled with AAR legends and some very skilled writers.

I did not know i had to write abit about myself or undertake the frightful decision of picking a successor
    I apologize if i have rattled on a bit too much, and hope i can pick someone truly deserving, i already apologise for those excellent writers i do not pick- rest assured the decision will be tough.

Thanks again to everyone, especially ukmj for my nomination.

Canadian Nationalist Spitfire_Pilot's Avatar

Nice job Gul Brown, congrats
    Nationality: Canadian/Newfoundlander
    Religion: Catholic
    Ideology: Fascism
    Darkest Hour Ideology: Fascist
    Kaiserreich Ideology: National Populist
    Issues: Planned Economy/National Equality/Canadian Culture
    Current Work: Butcher
    Revolt Risk: 38.45

Quote Originally Posted by Spitfire_Pilot
    Nice job Gul Brown, congrats

Thank you, however i left out a piece of information which may shock some of you.
    I like Star Trek.
    Cardassians also.
    Its ok i will wait for you to pick yourself off of your chair from the shock its quite all right

+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 357 FirstFirst ... 19 44 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 94 119 144 169 ... LastLast