+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 352 FirstFirst ... 12 37 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 87 112 137 162 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 7029

Thread: WritAAR of the Week: rorlegion

Deus Vult

Thumbs up

Congrats Duke of Wellington! Truly deserved.
    AARs:
    Pictorial and gameplay - China: The Yellow Fever - Favorite EU2 Gameplay AAR Q2 2006, Q1 2007, Q2 2007
    Comedy - England: All your COT are belong to us - Weekly AAR Showcase 25-02-07, Favorite EU2 AAR Q1 2007, Favorite EU2 Comedy AAR Q2 2007
    History book - Spain: The final frontier

You might very well think that. I couldn't possibly comment.

Big fetid toad
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Okay, Duke, I've checked your AAR (I've reached 9th page). It's rather good so far. Interesting and well paced. Easy to read too. My preference still goes to 'literary" style AARs though (like "Here there be Dragons" or "Desert Tides"). OTOH, clear indications and screenshots of what actually goes on in game should help me improve my ever laughable skills with the game .

Keep up the good work, and I'll put a comment as soon as I manage to catch up. Cheers
    "Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell" (Edward Abbey)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mon site perso / My personal website
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    For great short stories on various topics, check Guess the author !
    No, it's probably not Chicago... (shamefully abandonned). / Non, ce n'est probablement pas Chicago... : la traduction du précédent, tout aussi honteusement abandonnée).

Thanks Fnuco

I'm glad you're taking a break from the great literary ones to read mine Nil

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    EU3 Collectors Edition

I don't like the great literary ones, I like the ones with pictures

Well deserved Duke!
    Repress Your Anger
    Think Negatively
    Be a Good Blamer
    And Throttle Your Inner Child

Big fetid toad
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by GrimPagan
    Well deserved Duke!
    Argh! Never impugned that!!!
    "Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell" (Edward Abbey)
    Mon site perso / My personal website
    For great short stories on various topics, check Guess the author !
    No, it's probably not Chicago... (shamefully abandonned). / Non, ce n'est probablement pas Chicago... : la traduction du précédent, tout aussi honteusement abandonnée).

Europa Universalis 3For The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Europa Universalis IV

Well deserved Duke. It's time I dropped by again and see what's happening with the Horde.

Joe

Joe
    The way to a woman's heart is through her stomach.

Desert Tides or how I learned to swim in quicksand Adventure
    A Tall Tale Told on a Cold Night Fantasy

Thanks Grimpagan, Nil and Joe

Be good to have to back with the Horde Joe

It times to pass on the torch. Choosing this weeks winner has been quite a time consuming process. But finally I've chosen one.

They started with an AAR of a nation dear to my heart right here . After that one was postponed he has moved on to another equally fascinating AAR. El Imperio de Guatemala contra el Mundo - Guatemala 1936. A tale of the rise of Guatemala and its quest to create a central American empire all the while facing the Allies as enemies. Its a good read. Congratulations Alexus
    Last edited by Duke of Wellington; 09-04-2006 at 23:44.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Europa Universalis: Rome

S. Latitude 47° 9′, W. Longitude 126° 43′
    Blog Entries
    Congratulations, Alexus!
    The Rodina and the Shackles of Humanity - A Soviet HOI3 AAR

"The Italians have a saying, Lemon, 'Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.' And, although they've never won a war or mass-produced a decent car, in this area they are correct." - Jack in 30 Rock

The Fuehrer of the Dance Mettermrck's Avatar
    HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Darkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEast India CompanyEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryGalactic AssaultHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - ImmortalsMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Congratulations, Alexus!

476 was just the beginning...
    The Eagles of Avalon - An EU2 AAR

War in Mexico, the Three Terms of President Lindbergh, and a Red Europe
    The United States: 'Advantages without Obligations' - A HOI AAR
    (completed) pdf - now with epilogue!

Congratulations, Alexus!
    "A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in a setting of silver" --Proverbs 25:11

WritAAR of the week: Feb. 12, 2006, Sep. 19, 2006
    CharactAAR writAAR of the week: Jan. 1, 2007

Dawn in the East
    "Her Home is on the Deep"

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultFor The GloryEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Way to go Alexus. I just started reading this and love it already. Here - have a cigar.

Here's a link to the start of his AAR (Duke - you had it going to page three.) Well worth the read!

Congrats Alexus!
    Northumberland Lives - new AAR for EUIV

And check out the Guess the Author thread - back and active!

The fAARq & Forum Rules
    Find all my AARs listed in The Ink Well

Visit my blog at Hear the Hurd

Hearts of Iron 2: Armageddon

Coz, assimilate or die!

Congratulations, Alexus!

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultFor The GloryEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GBIT
    Coz, assimilate or die!
    Hmm...seems I have assimilated more than you with a few posts in the man's AAR already. But have a cigar anyway.
    Northumberland Lives - new AAR for EUIV

And check out the Guess the Author thread - back and active!

The fAARq & Forum Rules
    Find all my AARs listed in The Ink Well

Visit my blog at Hear the Hurd

Bad mojo Supermoderator Veldmaarschalk's Avatar
    77 games registered

200k clubCrusader Kings IIV2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Congratulations Alexus. Guatemala in HoI that is an original choice.

Compulsive CommentatAAR stnylan's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Blog Entries
    Congratulations. Tell step up to the podium and tell us a little about yourself!
    To view is human, to comment is divine.
    "Be not afraid" - John Paul II
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.
    Current AAR: Stories of King Sean CK2 4.1
    Completed AAR: In Memory of France EU2
    View my full AAR list at The Inkwell
    My library and My blog
    Ask not what AARland can do for you, but what you can do for AARland.

congrats Alexus!
    The Precise History of New England -AAR Writer of the Week 5/21/06-2/28-06
    doot doot doot 4D6574 Owner of 1 Yoyo dollar, $4-anonymous4401
    Fan of the Week 2/8/06-2/15/06

Was he free? Was he happy? The question is absurd:
    Had anything been wrong, we should certainly have heard.

Contra-Vice-Double Colonel Alexus's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron IIIIron Cross

Thanks everyone

Say a bit about myself? Well, I came to this forum because a friend told me it was a useful source for info and stuff. I saw the 'After Action Reports' link and thought "Hm. Is that what I think it is?" it was, a load of stories or accounts of what had happened in people's games. I wanted to do one, but first I read a lot of oher AARs to get a feel of the genre. The first I read was World at War - Germany 1936 and I moved on to the Crown of Europe and Revival of the Kingdom of Hungary.

So, armed with knowledge I set out to find a country to write about. Duke of Wellington himself suggested New Zealand and I pursued that (Just to let anyone who's reading know, postponed does not mean cancelled ) but when I reached an impasse I thought I'd go for Guatemala because they have claims on their neighbour and I could use words like "Bandito) and "Burrito" (I'll work them in, don't worry) So that's going strong and I'm happy with the reaction I've been getting

Hm, I didn't meant to ramble I'd like to thank Duke of Wellington for nominating me and I'd like to thank all my loyal readers - even the non-posting ones - for reading my AAR.

For those interested in becoming WritAAR of the week, I take bribes in the form of having my copy of Doomsday fixed

HoI AnthologyDiplomacyFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Naval War: Arctic CircleSemper Fi

Congratulations, Alexus!
    My spambot broke, now I have to write everything myself.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and go well with ketchup.

Workers of the world, igni-* err... unite!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 352 FirstFirst ... 12 37 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 87 112 137 162 ... LastLast