+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 357 FirstFirst ... 3 28 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 78 103 128 153 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 7136

Thread: WritAAR of the Week: GreatWyrmGold

Norway über alles kenneththegreat's Avatar

I haven't commented on your tale yet, but i've seen it. You've done very well for an Axis minor, congratulations, sir

200k clubHoI AnthologyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiRome: Vae VictisEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Congratulations hobotnicajoe, nice work
    EUIII AAR: The lilies of France
    Awarded Best Character Writer of the Week 25. Feb 2007
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 22. April 2007

HoI2 AAR: Enig og tro til Dovre faller – A Norwegian AAR
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 25. Sept 2005
    Awarded Weekly AAR Showcase 25. Jan 2006
    Awarded Fan of the Week 26. March 2006, 7. October 2007 and 10. November 2008
    Boer War AAR: Joe’s War- a Boer War AAR

The Closer Supermoderator Veldmaarschalk's Avatar
    77 games registered

200k clubCrusader Kings IIV2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Congratulations, your AAR has already inspired me to play a game as Hungary. And it was fun.

Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Sengoku

Congrats hobotnicajoe!

Lt.-Colonel of Guerillas Singleton Mosby's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Darkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy Collection
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneLegioThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaMajesty 2Penumbra - Black PlagueEuropa Universalis: RomeRome Gold
    Semper FiShip Simulator ExtremesSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Mosby's Confederacy, Guerilla territory, VA. CSA
    Quote Originally Posted by CSK
    Congrats hobotnicajoe!
    Congrats!

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Europa Universalis: Rome

S. Latitude 47° 9′, W. Longitude 126° 43′
    Blog Entries
    Well done, hobotnicajoe!
    The Rodina and the Shackles of Humanity - A Soviet HOI3 AAR

"The Italians have a saying, Lemon, 'Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.' And, although they've never won a war or mass-produced a decent car, in this area they are correct." - Jack in 30 Rock

congrats! it is well deserved
    The Precise History of New England -AAR Writer of the Week 5/21/06-2/28-06
    doot doot doot 4D6574 Owner of 1 Yoyo dollar, $4-anonymous4401
    Fan of the Week 2/8/06-2/15/06

Was he free? Was he happy? The question is absurd:
    Had anything been wrong, we should certainly have heard.

I have to admit that I'm pretty surprised (and yet extremely pleased) by the award, since my current AAR is the first one I've ever written. It made me so happy that I finally made an effort to create my signature

I bought HOI2 6 months ago, I was learning the basics, browsing the forum for information and help, when I found the AAR section, and liked it a lot. I decided that I would make a record of my 2nd campaign game in a form of an AAR. Some might find my style too data-oriented, raw, simply written, lacking exciting plots and funny dialogues. But my goal was to focus on the military part of the action, maneuvers, operations using maps and data tables/diagrams. On the other hand, I'm not so good at English, so writing epic AARs would be quite difficult for me.

The reason why I picked Hungary for the AAR is that I was a newbie to the game, so I wanted to play with a smaller country, without huge armies and complicated naval management. And having relatively few divisions and leaders makes them more unique, more lovable . The country has a lot of potential (maybe even too much in HOI2 ), so a lot of stuff can be achieved with correct decisions. I read a lot about Hungarian WWII history since I've started the AAR, which I found very exciting. I wish I had done it before I started .

A few words about myself: I'm a 30-year-old guy living in Nordjylland, Denmark. I work as a software developer, play waterpolo in my spare time, and I'm a great fan of WWII history, and WWII fighter aircrafts (I was so happy to see more air action in patch 1.3 ). Additionally, I'm a (motor)bike addict, which is pretty unfortunate in rainy Denmark . I hope I can "invade" Italy this summer...

And in the end I'd like to thank spade-tiger for passing the award, and of course all the readers of my AAR. I'm really glad to see that some of the AAR veterans (or rather legends ) appreciate my work. It really gives a boost to my AAR writing morale. So, thanks guys!
    Last edited by hobotnicajoe; 02-02-2006 at 13:40.

Joe Hobotnica
    Awarded WriteAAR of the Week [Jan. 29, 2006]

A Magyar Királyság újjászületése - a Hungarian AAR [completed]
    Awarded Overall Best AAR and HOI2/1 Best Non-Fanfic AAR in AARland Choice AwAARds 2005 Q4
    Awarded Favorite Gameplay/Non-Fanfic AAR, HOI2/1 in AARland Choice AwAARds 2006 Q1
    Awarded Favorite Gameplay/Non-Fanfic AAR, HOI2/1 in AARland Choice AwAARds 2006 Q2

The Little Corporal Morpheus506's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus Vult

Congratulations, hobotnicajoe.

One question, though: What's a hobotnica?
    WW Results: Won: 3 | Survived but lost: 1 | Lynched: 9 | Killed by Hunter: 1 | Eaten: 10
    Roles: Villager: 11 | Wolf: 7 (once turned) | Sorcerer: 3 | Seer: 2 | Priest: 2 | Apprentice: 1 | Hunter: 1 ||| Leader: 1 | Spiritually Attuned: 1

Winner of: Werewolf XXXV: Whodunnit?, Werewolf Lite LI: Prohibition and Werewolf Lite CXXXV: The Time Machine

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus506
    One question, though: What's a hobotnica?
    It means 'octopus' in some slavic languages (as far as I know ).
    Last edited by hobotnicajoe; 02-02-2006 at 18:06.

Joe Hobotnica

Awarded Overall Best AAR and HOI2/1 Best Non-Fanfic AAR in AARland Choice AwAARds 2005 Q4
    Awarded Favorite Gameplay/Non-Fanfic AAR, HOI2/1 in AARland Choice AwAARds 2006 Q1
    Awarded Favorite Gameplay/Non-Fanfic AAR, HOI2/1 in AARland Choice AwAARds 2006 Q2

Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    DungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    MagickaRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Yes in Croatian it means octopuss. Congratulations on the award

In Czech it's chobotnice, it's all the almost same languages (so I understand - live in Slavic nation have some assets

I pass the award to SeanB. I really enjoy his EU2 ARR called "The Fallen Eagle: A Byzantine Empire AAR".

Joe Hobotnica

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Europa Universalis: Rome

S. Latitude 47° 9′, W. Longitude 126° 43′
    Blog Entries
    Congrats, SeanB!
    The Rodina and the Shackles of Humanity - A Soviet HOI3 AAR

"The Italians have a saying, Lemon, 'Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.' And, although they've never won a war or mass-produced a decent car, in this area they are correct." - Jack in 30 Rock

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultFor The GloryEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Way to go SeanB! A very much deserved honor!
    Northumberland Lives - new AAR for EUIV

And check out the Guess the Author thread - back and active!

The fAARq & Forum Rules
    Find all my AARs listed in The Ink Well

Visit my blog at Hear the Hurd

200k clubHoI AnthologyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiRome: Vae VictisEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Congratulations SeanB, well done
    EUIII AAR: The lilies of France
    Awarded Best Character Writer of the Week 25. Feb 2007
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 22. April 2007

HoI2 AAR: Enig og tro til Dovre faller – A Norwegian AAR
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 25. Sept 2005
    Awarded Weekly AAR Showcase 25. Jan 2006
    Awarded Fan of the Week 26. March 2006, 7. October 2007 and 10. November 2008
    Boer War AAR: Joe’s War- a Boer War AAR

Congrats.
    10 more years!

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    March of the EaglesRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Pride of Nations500k club

Add my congrats. Good job SeanB.
    When I give the poor food they call me a saint, when I ask why the poor have no food they call me a communist - Dom Hector Camara
    Out of the crooked timber of humanity, No perfect human was ever made - Lord Hoffmann

Topaz-Fisted Demi-God Moderator Mr. Capiatlist's Avatar
    200k clubCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEast India Company
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IVWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Blog Entries
    Yes, it truely is a wonderful AAR; congratulations!
    -Mr. Capiatlist (Ink well):

When I speak in Rose, I do so as a Moderator. :: Forum Rules | AARland Rules 1 | Rules 2 | Interactivity Rules
    (Never quote or otherwise publicly respond to my rose text. If you have a problem: PM me.)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 357 FirstFirst ... 3 28 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 78 103 128 153 ... LastLast