+ Reply to Thread
Page 109 of 357 FirstFirst ... 9 34 59 84 99 107 108 109 110 111 119 134 159 184 209 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,180 of 7134

Thread: WritAAR of the Week: GreatWyrmGold

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneSemper Fi
    Supreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

congrats TM, it is well-deserved since you are able to blend alternative technologies together so well.

Congratulations
    "...but someone has to pay for what's happened here, and I don't want that someone to be me." -Gul Dukat
    "I always hope for the best. Experience, unfortunately, has taught me to expect the worst." - Garak
    "We are in a society of politically-correct tree-hugging babies. Grow up and quit whining"- JBL
    "I condemn false prophets, I condemn the effort to take away the power of rational decision, to drain people of their free will -- and a hell of a lot of money in the bargain. Religions vary in their degree of idiocy, but I reject them all. For most people, religion is nothing more than a substitute for a malfunctioning brain."- Gene Roddenberry
    "As long as we have 'loyalty to the end', there's no point in believing in anything... even in those we love." The Boss
    "I won't have it! I won't have anyone speak of me in the past tense!!!" Squall Leonhart
    The Ultimate War [WritAAR of the Week: June 4, 2006]

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesGalactic Assault
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisEU3 Collectors Edition

Blog Entries
    Indeed well deserved.
    LibrAARian of the EU1 LibrAARy and the EU1 LibrAARy updates
    "Et pour ce devez amer, prisier, loer et honorer touz ceux a qui Dieu donne grace d'eulx trouver en pluseurs bonnes journees d'armes pour la guerre..."

Member; Ahistoric Association
    "The Footsteps of Illustrious Men"-USA; Victoria (AARland Choice Award X3)
    The Ink Well: Advertise your AAR's Use it, Love it
    --- I've been Glorified! and Canonized!

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    Hearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Blog Entries
    A well-deserved WotM; I think you should have gotten one for th innovative graphics and information-presentation techniques long ago.
    The Russia Megacampaign - See my other work at my Inkwell

A YeAAR's Education - Rurikovich in Crusader Kings 1066-1393

From Rus to Russia - Kiev in EU3 1393-1836 - Get the Loading Screen Pack - Weekly Showcased AAR, 6/6/09 and 7/7/10 - WritAAr of the Week, 27/7/10 - Ambitions are denied and tasks appointed - Check out the first installment of the Medieval Atlas!

Duke of Bonbon, and also Chevalier Grand Croix of the Ordre Militaire du Saint Christophe.

200k clubHoI AnthologyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiRome: Vae VictisEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Congratulations thrashing mad
    EUIII AAR: The lilies of France
    Awarded Best Character Writer of the Week 25. Feb 2007
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 22. April 2007

HoI2 AAR: Enig og tro til Dovre faller – A Norwegian AAR
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 25. Sept 2005
    Awarded Weekly AAR Showcase 25. Jan 2006
    Awarded Fan of the Week 26. March 2006, 7. October 2007 and 10. November 2008
    Boer War AAR: Joe’s War- a Boer War AAR

Thank you all, especially daemonofdecay for nominating me. It`s really an honor to award such novice as me, especially with my - let`s say 'average' english skills.

Speaking of writing - my AAR went a bit too far with emphasis on graphics over actual writing, so in the future I will balance those things again.

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    DiplomacyDungeonlandEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLegio
    Leviathan: WarshipsMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    SengokuSword of the StarsThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Fair enough. I've heard worse speeches. Congrats!

Regarding graphics vs. writing - go with what feels comfortable for you. Your readers will follow if the tale's good!
    Active:
    Random World Order(EU4, Random)

Past:
    Beyond Tannenberg IV: The More Things Change(EU4, Teutonic Order, COMPLETE (Defeated))
    Beyond Tannenberg III: The Last Crusade (EU3, Teutonic Order, COMPLETE (Corrupt Save))
    Resurrection: Rebirth of the United States COMPLETED!
    CatKnight's Inkwell

Alright - It`s time to pass title to someone else. It wasn`t easy task - I was thinking about great history-book/narrative work of RGB, or excellent narrative work of grayghost, but it is canonized and his : Timelines that i`m passing WritAAR of the Week title.

In his work you can find excellent narrative style, focused on two different timeframes, many hidden flavors and faint references. Canonized put lot of work and effort into his AAR, updating on regular basis - not to mention his interviews with different authors.

Congratulations.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    Hearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Blog Entries
    Congrats canonized. You should get that one, without a doubt.
    The Russia Megacampaign - See my other work at my Inkwell

A YeAAR's Education - Rurikovich in Crusader Kings 1066-1393

From Rus to Russia - Kiev in EU3 1393-1836 - Get the Loading Screen Pack - Weekly Showcased AAR, 6/6/09 and 7/7/10 - WritAAr of the Week, 27/7/10 - Ambitions are denied and tasks appointed - Check out the first installment of the Medieval Atlas!

Duke of Bonbon, and also Chevalier Grand Croix of the Ordre Militaire du Saint Christophe.

Europa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron III

My hats off to you canonized, for your second time as WritAAR of the Week. And thanks to all of the writAARs who have graced this forum over the past years, for truly countless hours of entertainment, elucidation and even ... game play edumication ^_^.
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=298530 ]The Lazy, The Furry, The British[/URL] : my 'cherry' AAR ... hope I don't bleed too badly ...

I wuz canonized 12th May 2007.

Congratulations canonized. I don't know your work but judging by the amount of votes its picked up in the ACA it must be excellent. Well done.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty 2
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome: Vae VictisEuropa Universalis IV

Congratulations, canonized!

I think you made history, winning twice in matter of two months and being here mere half a year.
    Last edited by EvilSanta; 14-05-2007 at 09:44.
    Was würde Brian Boitano tun?

(Interim Avatar)
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome

congrautlations canonized! very, very well deserved!
    The Ebony Cross and the Sacred Eagle (Ongoing)
    ---Favorite History-Book AAR, Eu3 (Q2 2008)
    ---Weekly AAR Showcase, 1/13/08
    Charter member of "The Warlord Club"

Awards:
    Fan of the Week: 3/4/07, 4/29/07, 6/18/07, 2/19/08, 4/11/08
    WritAAR of the Week: 5/20/07
    I was canonized! 4/21/07

My ink well thingy...

congratulations canonized!
    "...but someone has to pay for what's happened here, and I don't want that someone to be me." -Gul Dukat
    "I always hope for the best. Experience, unfortunately, has taught me to expect the worst." - Garak
    "We are in a society of politically-correct tree-hugging babies. Grow up and quit whining"- JBL
    "I condemn false prophets, I condemn the effort to take away the power of rational decision, to drain people of their free will -- and a hell of a lot of money in the bargain. Religions vary in their degree of idiocy, but I reject them all. For most people, religion is nothing more than a substitute for a malfunctioning brain."- Gene Roddenberry
    "As long as we have 'loyalty to the end', there's no point in believing in anything... even in those we love." The Boss
    "I won't have it! I won't have anyone speak of me in the past tense!!!" Squall Leonhart
    The Ultimate War [WritAAR of the Week: June 4, 2006]

The Closer Supermoderator Veldmaarschalk's Avatar
    77 games registered

200k clubCrusader Kings IIV2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Congratulations canonized !

Compulsive CommentatAAR stnylan's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Blog Entries
    Many congratulations indeed!
    To view is human, to comment is divine.
    "Be not afraid" - John Paul II
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.
    Current AAR: Stories of King Sean CK2 4.1
    Completed AAR: In Memory of France EU2
    View my full AAR list at The Inkwell
    My library and My blog
    Ask not what AARland can do for you, but what you can do for AARland.

On the look-out for Grues... MagisterMundi's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIMarch of the EaglesSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWar of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWar of the Vikings

Eugene, Oregon, United States, 107915639228865, Eugene, Oregon
    Cheers!

DiplomacyDivine WindFor the MotherlandEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2

Congrats canonized, and the plethora of people that have won since I posted last time.
    Snake IV used to be a regular, but not anymore. You might, however, come across him at rare occasions, but that is so seldom you'll manage.

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

You might very well think that ; I couldn't possibly comment
    Wow ! First of all , I'm really quite shocked ! When I had heard that thrashing mad won this award last week I had thought to myself that it was a long time coming; that his nomination was indeed long overdue for the beauty and thoughtfulness that is his work and his innovation . But never did I expect to be nodded once again . Thrashing Mad you have my gratitude . But not only that , but my utmost respect . You have always been an amazing friend and always gracious and humble that I wish you for the greatest success .

I am once again very humbled to be brought to this fine establishment and once again very grateful to everyone who makes these awards possible . Firstly , to coz1 for whom this award would not have been maintained so well and so properly over the ages of AARland . But also , it is the very readers of this thread that make this award so prestigious . Not only do we have old and new authors present but individuals who turn to these award programmes to see recommendations on what to read . To you , you all have my heartfelt gratitude for making this award so effective and so well thought of .

As for Timelines herself which has garnered me this recognition , it is for awards such as these that I am encouraged to continue her and encouraged to give her as much quality updates as I can . It is not pressure that drives me to , but my wish to reciprocate the kindness which so many readers have shown in not only reading , but reading from the very beginning . I will continue to do my hardest to continually earn this rare second nomination !

As for any peeks into my nominations for this upcoming week , it is going to be a relatively difficult process . For one thing , it would be bad form for me to nominate grayghost since he was who I nominated last time . Although I sincerely wish I could do so since I consider his work one of the most supreme excellent I've ever read , I feel I do not have the authority to grant two nominations on the same person . So know that I kept you in my heart , grayghost but I hope you understand my reasons ! Furthermore , I believe it will be most beneficial to the community for me to find someone of excellent writing who has not yet won this wonderful award !

Lastly , and I spoke of this in my previous speech , and EvilSanta has pointed it out . I have only been writing here since late February . I believe that this award is not just for me , but for all the new writers who consistently and regularly give wonderful amazing entertainment and thought for the whole community . I hope that this award will inspire new writers that it IS possible to be new and start an AAR and be bold ! Many know that my AAR is not 'the usual' and some narrative writers out there are also discouraged because of the popularity of history book or gameplay AARs . I hope that my writing and these accolades will encourage those members of the community to step forward and take a risk . Know that the community here is friendly as they have been to me and that no matter what you write , you will find a niche for yourself . Thank you all once again !
    DANGEROUS LIAISONS
    The New Short AAR about Seduction , Manipulation , Intrigue , Mystery , and Revolution .
    -~= =~-
    T I M E L I N E S : What if Spain Failed to Control the World?
    Seventeen AARLand Choice Awards: Favourite Overall New WritAAR Q1 2007.
    Favourite Overall EU3 AAR: Q1 2007; Q2 2007; Q3 2007; Q4 2007; Q1 2008; Q2 2008; Q3 2008; Q4 2008
    Favourite Narrative EU3 AAR: Q1 2007; Q2 2007; Q3 2007; Q4 2007; Q1 2008; Q2 2008; Q3 2008; Q4 2008

Three Times WritAAR of the Week: 4 March 2007 13 May 2007 & 28 March 2008;
    Twice AAR Showcase: 9 Dec 2007, 14 Jun 2009; Twice Best Character Writer: 9 Dec 2007, 13 Sep 2008

Editor in Chief of The AARlander

Strategy Cognoscenti Demi Moderator Myth's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSemper Fi

congrats dude!
    Read about my full body of AAR works here!

Fan of the Week 13/08/09

+ Reply to Thread