• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations Hethran!

Congratulations, Hethran!

I don't really know what time zone the forums are in, but for me it's Sunday, so... *drum-roll commences*

Hethran is this week's WritAAR of the week for his Victoria II AAR, "The Middle Kingdom: A Sinocentric China AAR"

I've always loved Vicky 2, and I find this well written and fascinating. Happy Holidays to everyone :)

Sorry I'm a day late, but I nominate: The Sun rises in Japan - Empire of Japan HPP AAR , by SKOTy.

Might as well signal boost another AAR about an Asian superpower drastically altering history. ^^ It was really fun reading about Japan invading the United States.

Congrats SKOTy!

Congratulations, SKOTy! A great AAR. :)

Truly enjoyable AAR - congrats :)

Well it has been a tough choice, there are so many great AARs that I don't even have time to keep up with everything. I've decided to elect Kensai7 for this week's WritAAR of the week for his Bismarck's Spirit: A Pragmatic German Campaign AAR.

Why? Because you don't often see an active attempt at winning HOI through diplomacy, rather than brute military strenght, especially not when playing a powerhouse like Germany. The effort put into diplomacy seemed at first to become a liability rather than an asset due to the strain it placed on research, but it was worth it (for me) to see the Soviet Union be the one getting overstretched with too many fronts for a change. Despite this, the fight wasn't easy and it looked quite grim on the eastern front for a long time before the Soviets gave in. Now the last question to be answered is: Can this continental European Axis face the might of the US navy? I, of course, applaud any such notion wholeheartedly! Congrantulations!

An honourable mention goes to blklizard for his combined EU3 AAR The Middle World - Hungary AAR (Death and Taxes MOD) and Minor Campaigns (Phoenix III MOD). Rarely have I seen such extensive storytelling above and beyond the gameplay events, combining multiple games into what eventually merges into one large story. I'm normally not the biggest fan of large narratives, so the fact that he grasps my imagination with every update is very well done indeed.

Last edited: