• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations!

First, thanks to Avindian for selecting me for the award. To be selected by someone with that length and breadth of experience of AARs is quite humbling. Then thanks to all those who have posted congratulatory messages: one can never have too much praise. (Well, maybe, but I've never come close to the limit).

Selecting a new winner is always hard: there are so many good AARs out there and so little time to read them all. Particularly when my own AAR tends to be a little verbose and long and so takes up so much of my time. Not to mention RL - university, wife, daughters, responsibility etc.

However I have always had a CK II game in the back of my mind (something completely different from WW2) and have read a fair bit to get an idea of not only the mechanics but also the flavour of the game world. One that I have enjoyed (I suspect because the writer tells us everything going on but by way of story - I love details) is "Enemies on All Sides - An Old Gods Slavic AAR". It seems to me to be not only be interesting but also informative and to give a sense of the CK II world. Plus I was impressed that he took on a starting set-up so weak. I was surprised to find the writer has never won this award - so it is up to me to reward him. (Having an educated gender guess there - based merely on Theos being masculine).

So please not only congratulate TheosZA but also have a look at his AAR http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?755111-Enemies-on-all-sides-Old-Gods-Slavic-AAR

And thanks again for the honour: it is really appreciated. Now back to Doppelgangerland before I get readers asking why the delay in the next update.

Congratulations!

Congrats Theos! :)

Thank you Uriah for selecting me last week. It's my first attempt at an AAR so both chuffed and surprised :cool:

Although I follow a number of ongoing CK2 AARs, I felt the pressure this week to branch out and investigate AARs for other games on these forums. Having recently started playing EU4, I especially enjoyed reading some of the really good EU4 AARs.

In the end, however, I've gone for an excellently written CK2 AAR - The Bourbons - A Family of Lust, Greed and Betrayal by Oligarchy. The tale has just come to the end of the first character's life and the writing has really shown the inner turmoil a good Christian must feel in the cold and heartless world of CK2. I'm looking forward to seeing how Oligarchy writes for the new character who promises to be quite different.

Congrats Olligarchy!