• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations, Lanlier!

I took a look, and darn it! You're going to get me desiring to get Crusader Kings now... I haven't finished with Vicky and EU II yet!

I love the detail and accuracy you're investing your AAR with. Keep it up!

And tell us some about yourself, ye fellow history major!

Rensslaer

Err. Blimey! Thank you very much The_six_shooter, this is really unexpected. When I started writing I wasn't even sure I was going to have that many people reading my AAR!

Anyway, a bit about me? Well, I've been lurking round the paradox forums since the days of EU, enjoying a great number of AARs, though it was Lord Durham & accomplaces first Free Company AAR that really made me first think about writing an AAR. Through playing EU, EU2, Vicky, HOI and CK I've often thought about writing an AAR, but never actually had the courage to do one... never really thought my writing was good enough!

Anyway, I chose to do one now, since I've just graduated from the University of Leicester, where I did a History Degree. I've always been interested in the Hundred Years War, and in my 2nd year, did a module on the second half of the war... Henry V and all that. When it came to choosing a topic for my final year dissertation, I couldn't help but want to look at the first half, so I choose to do a piece on Edward III.

Well, it occured to me having done all that research, I could well apply some of it to a CK game and make an AAR out of it. I must admit my writing style is influenced by the authours that I like reading, most notably Bernard Cornwall and his excellent books, but also a chap called Simon Scarrow, whose done some rather good stuff on the Romans.

Anyway, I should stop writing now, I have a tendency to ramble. And. Uhh. Thank you very much, once again! I feel very honoured!

Congrats, Lanalier! So far so good with your AAR! I expect you to teach those froggies a lesson! *g*

Congratulation old mate. Nice show.

Congrats Lanlier. I've read a good portion of your AAR and it's very enjoyable!

Congratulations fiftypence. Heartily deserved.

Wow, what can I say? Thanks Lanlier for this prestigious award, and indeed to anyone who has taken the time to read my various AARs that lie scattered around AARland!

As for me, well, I am a 19 year old philosophy student at the University of Leeds. I am originally from Barnet in London but now live up north in Lancashire. As for the forums, I have been a member for just over a year although I didn't start posting more frequently until March when I unleashed my first AAR, Drunk on Burgundy, on the unexpecting and slightly bemused CK AAR forum. My latest effort, The Danish Revival, nearly didn't happen at all in fact. Originally I was planning a fascist Britain AAR for HoI2, but then I realised that I suck badly at HoI2 so I dredged up an idea I had a while ago about doing a Danish AAR for Victoria. As Mettermrck mentions, I also have an ongoing Siebenburgen AAR in EUII which is currently on hold, where I hit a rather large inspiration block which stopped it dead in it's tracks. Rest assured it WILL continue, someday...

So, to recap. Thanks Lanlier and everybody else for this award. I shall now look forward to the honour of selecting an AAR for next weeks award.

Congrats, Fiftypence. I just read through your Vickie AAR today and having read your previous work as well, I can say that this is very deserving! Enjoy the week and well done!

Congratulations Fiftypence. I havent checked this one out since Vicky's not my normal stopping grounds but Ive enjoyed your others quite. I'll be sure to check this one out too.

Now Im off to search for a successor to the be-jewled, gilded keyboard of gold award for Showcase of the Week..

**trumpet fanfare and exit**

Congrats, Fiftypence!

Looks like you've got a good start going for your AAR, with all the historical background.

Curiously, as you're building a new Danish Empire in your AAR, I'm undoing the old in mine! :eek:

Rensslaer

Great stuff and congratulations old mate. Good stuff. Most deserved. :)

Congratulations.

Congrats, Fiftypence, well done!