• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congrat's Heretic. And congrats to BrotherAdso, el presidente, and anonymous4401 as well!

My, my, my Heretic - two in one year. Not bad. ;) Seriously, congrats. It is an honor continually deserved.

And a thanks should go out to you, el presidentse - thanks for keeping the honorees going. Here's to a great list of WoWs in 2005. :D

Sometimes projects just need to be put back on track. ;) Not to take anything away from el presidenste picks (since they were good ones.) :)

Since I restarted this project some months back, I will take it upon myself to move us along once more. The next WritAAR of the Week is none other than frogbeastegg! I have been enjoying her tales of Eleanor for some time now and the work is outstanding. Stand and give your applause and congrats and eggy - step on up and tell us about yourself as tradition requests. :D

I'm not that active here anymore, but hold good writing and dedication to it in high regards. Congratulations! :)

Congratulations upon this most remarkable victory! :) I am in no doubt that you will do a most honourable thing and pass on the award to someone who is as worthy as yourself. In particular, myself.
ja.gif

Well deserved Froggy. Long over due in my opinion.

Joe

Congratulations to the previous winners, and thanks everyone.

About me? Well, I have always loved books and reading, right back before I could even read. As a young child I used to endlessly pester my parents to read to me, anything and everything I could. By the time I went to school on my fifth birthday I was already well on the way to reading on my own. I soon picked up the art of reading quickly and silently, a fact my teachers thought meant I couldn’t read very well at all. Ever since then I have been reading voraciously, both fiction and non-fiction. My house is literally packed with books and I always want more.

I decided around the age of six I wanted to be an author. My teachers didn’t agree; they told me you had to be able to spell and have interesting ideas to be an author. I clearly didn’t make the cut. After hearing this for a while I gave up. Something like two years ago, while I was at university, it was found I am dyslexic, hence the spelling difficulties etc. That discovery changed quite a bit; I have now taught myself decent spelling and grammar, and no longer struggle to put down what I want on paper.

I began writing again by accident, just over a year ago. I’m still not entirely sure how it happened; a funny post lead to my attempting some (absolutely crude and dreadful) comedy. A helpful series of posts ended up in ‘The Beginner’s Guide to Medieval: Total War’. It snowballed. I actually only started writing fiction seriously around March last year. I still have a very long way to go, but these days I can (usually) look at my writing with a kind of pride, instead of seeing a mass of things that are wrong. In addition to ‘Eleanor’ I am writing a book, one I will send around agents and publishers in an attempt to get into print. Yes, this does probably make me a naive, hopeful lemming with a cliff fixation. I feel I have to try, even if I expect nothing much to come of it.

The assorted ‘who is frogbeastegg?’ bit: I’m British, although I guess more specifically English these days. I’m 21, 22 this Thursday, so good timing there, coz1. Aside from books I love history, mainly the Roman empire and medieval England. I also have varying interests in Ancient Egypt, classical Greece, Anglo-Saxon England, Tudor England, and medieval Japan. I really don’t like industrial or modern history; in fact it’s probably fair to say I loathe those eras. I also play games, although I find I am losing interest in favour of spending as much time as possible writing. Astonishingly I am actually female. You may faint with shock now. ;)

Some people here know me from my other forum, totalwar.org, so if you are wondering if I am the same person as the moderator over there the answer is yes.

What in tarnation does ‘frogbeastegg’ mean anyway!? The name comes from a game called ‘Thief: The Dark Project’. I chose it on a desperate whim when I needed my first online name, flicking through the ‘Thief’ book in search of inspiration. ‘Thief’ has a type of enemy called the frog beast, tiny little exploding frogs that are stupidly likeable. The book opened at the page about frog beast eggs. The rest is very freakish history. The name has collected more abbreviations than I ever hope to remember, and I love seeing what people can come up with.

And now I shall have to catch up with my AAR reading to find a successor.

It has been a difficult choice; I'm torn in several directions. After a lot of thinking and reading I came up with the following:

This week's writer of the week of Judas Maccabeus for his 'The Trees of Autumn' over in CK land. This AAR provides a good balance between game events and storytelling, and between text and pictures.