• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, third time is the charm. ;) Thanks for all the kind words everyone and to CSK for the selection (and the acknowledgement of my rather spotty posting history here :D ).

First things first, I'm going to use this opportunity to finally make it official...

vickie.jpg

Coat of the Floor Part IV: An Empire Under the Influence will be coming to the Victoria (!) forum this Saturday! Look for the official announcement there very soon. This time I'm going to be pulling out every single stop to make this the best "Coat" installment yet! Trust me, I've got all kinds of bad ideas. ;)

As for The New Jerusalem, look for an update soon. Believe it or not it's almost completely finished after running on and off (off, way too often!) for nearly two years. Feel free to start taking odds on which characters survive the big finish! The funny thing is I've become so attached to some of the characters I'm going to miss them when its over. Especially after how poorly I treated them. ;)

Right now, though, it's time to celebrate.

Yeltsin.gif

Well done Paranoid Tsar, congratulations :)

Congrats, Tsar. Good writing. :)

Well deserved Tsar and looking forward to check out your new story :)

Congratulations Paranoid Tsar ! ! :cool:

Thanks again everyone. Can you believe the week is already over? Well, that's binge drinking for you. :D

My pick for the next WoW is Wannabe Tatar who I think is due to be promoted to full potato. Among the Victoria AARs written by Tatar are an excellent "Revolutions" AAR as Persia The Shahs of Persia: The struggle for an Empire and recently Prussia The main thing is to make history, not to write it - A Prussian AAR . This one kicks off with a great war in 1830, which is always fun.

Congratulations Wannabe Tatar!

Congratulations Wannabe Tartar. Some excellent AARs to your name.

Congratulations Wannabe Tatar :)

Congratulations WT, well deserved!

Excellent work, WT. Many congrats! :)

Now this is unexpected! Thank you Paranoid Tsar for nominating me and I want to thank all my readAARs, I couldn't have done it without you. Now, I guess I've to tell something...

I'll tell you why I started writing AARs. During my last year of school a lot of teachers, most notably my Dutch and history teacher, said that I had great writing skills and they enjoyed reading my stuff. This was one and a half year ago. Up untill this year, I didn't really did anything with it, till last summer. I was bored and played Victoria, as the Dutch I managed to defeat the British in war and thought to myself, perhaps we should write an AAR about it. And so I did.

My Dutch AAR was mildly succesful, and decided to continue with a new AAR. This time I wanted a real challenge, and what a challenge I got. As the Ottoman Empire there was a fine line between success and failure. Russia always messed things up. When that game had finished, I decided to play as Persia. In the back of my head I had always the idea/hope/dream to defeat Russia for their annoyance in my last AAR, and so war errupted between Persia and Russia.

This weekend I decided to start a new AAR (again!) but this time I wanted to have a slightly easier time. Prussia was my next victim, but since there are a lot of Prussian AARs laying around in the Vicky forum, I had to be original. I chose to make the Belgian conflict escalate into a 'great war' between the three greatest powers in the world.

What holds the future? I'm not entirely sure. I've had an idea for an ahistorical AAR for quiet some time now, but it requires a lot of work to make it feasable. On top of that, I had to think of a good background story. The idea still slumbers in my head. At the same time I'm thinking of writing an AAR for EU2, as it would be something new and interesting.

That's it for now, guess I've a lot of reading to do.

It's sunday, so it's time to pass on the awAARd to some one else. As I'm more of a writAAR as a readAAR I had some reading to do, but one piece certainly caught my attention and during the last couple of days I had to plough through 39 pages, but it was certainly worth it.

Without further delay I present to you the next WoW: Vincent Julien for this masterpiece: "Prussian Moderation." - An alternative German AAR

Congratulations VJ!