• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations Gul Brown

Though I am hoping that the WritAAR of next week will be a non-HoI2 WritAAR :)

:eek:

My heart skipped a beat when i saw that and why was i here? Coming to Update the Ultimate War!

Im very honoured, there are some very skilled AAR writers here and some great AAR's going..ofcourse not Ultimate AAR's but still... ;)

Thank you- it still has a long way to go and i hope you all keep enjoying it!

:)

Well, tell us a little about yourself! (tis the tradition of the thread)

Tell a little about myself?
Where to begin..and to resist the urge to break into a Dr.evil-esque tale...

Well where to begin, i have just finished my last year of high school and am now officially unemployed and in limbo between being an unemployed guy....and being an unemployed student. However dependant on results and kind Universities i may have to goto college for a year, meaning my plan to travel in europe is halted. I love walkin, having dogs all my life many a time i spend alone with a dog just walking for miles. To round up before i bore you further with a "this is your life" sounding post, i like History greatly [it is what i wish to study- i have always been good at it], hunting [those who saw that off-topic thread will know :p ], music , and games. There are many other things but thats for another time , it was only a little about myself afterall ;)

I keep on coming back to Hoi2 and just love it. Ironically The Ultimate War did not start off as an AAR it started off as a question in the Hoi2 forums, i was asking which nations should be in which alliances and if anybody had attempted something similar. I was met with people saying how i should make an AAR out of it. So months later i did. [there is a link at the start of the AAR telling this]. It is nice to see my work rewarded , and im grateful to those who read and to the fine fellow who nominated my AAR, especially in a place filled with AAR legends and some very skilled writers.

I did not know i had to write abit about myself or undertake the frightful decision of picking a successor :eek:
I apologize if i have rattled on a bit too much, and hope i can pick someone truly deserving, i already apologise for those excellent writers i do not pick- rest assured the decision will be tough.

Thanks again to everyone, especially ukmj for my nomination. :)

Nice job Gul Brown, congrats :D

Spitfire_Pilot said:
Nice job Gul Brown, congrats :D

Thank you, however i left out a piece of information which may shock some of you.
I like Star Trek.
Cardassians also.
Its ok i will wait for you to pick yourself off of your chair from the shock its quite all right ;)

Congratulations, Gul Brown! :)

Well done Gul Brown :)

:) Thanks guys

Thanks

Quite daunting having to pick a successor though !

Well, im up late and it is 1 o'clock in the morning here...its sunday and that means my week in the sun is over.
Having to pick a new writer of the weak has been...scary really although it has allowed me to pick up on some AAR reading [something i have been too busy to do in quite a while]. Also im going to be honest, i have tried to avoid Hoi2,its my game and as some of you have said alot of hoi2 writers have won this.
I found this AAR-- http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=237656&page=1&pp=25

by MacRaith and was impressed to say the least. Lovely writing and a story you just want to keep reading. He has not updated in a while i realise, however this is due to a holiday and then being struck down by flu so i hope this award can show how good this AAR is and encourage the writer to keep her going.

The Tower of Fear by MacRaith , may i be the first to congratulate you sir! :)

congrats MacRaith!

Your AAR is the best CK AAR i have read, and i hope it will get updated soon.

Wonderful choice. The Tower of Fear is one of the best AAR I ever read. Congrats MacRaith. May this award inspire you to update your fine work more promptly.... I can't stand the suspense.