• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well done

SeanB, I very much concur!

And FJ44 knows I'm a fan! :D

I would certainly heartily recommend his Japanese AAR.

Congratulations FJ44!

Rensslaer

Congrats FJ!

Thank you, gentlemen. I still wonder how I managed WritAAR of the week after only two weeks of writing. Thanks, Mettermrck, because your post in my AAR not only lent encouragement, but also let me know that I had been nominated. :)

SeanB, thanks for the nomination. I don't know if I've earned it, as there are many skilled writAARs out there. I thank all AAR writers for getting me interested in writing. Special thanks go to Rensslaer, and his Fire Warms the Northern Lands. Quite an inspiring AAR.

I decided to write my first, and thus far, only AAR on Japan, not only to get away from the trend of European/American AARs, but also because I have a bit of background info on the country anyway. It has been an interesting path thus far, and I've only gone through 1838. Many thanks to all readers.

As you folks want to know something about me, I'll have to dabble in that. :D

I'm a student at Georgia Tech (sorry, coz1 :D) working on degrees in Nuclear Engineering and Mechanical Engineering. I've found that writing is a great way to unwind from a day full of Math and Engineering classes. Paradox first hooked me in with EU1, when I was but a young lad. :D The first game I actually embraced fully was HoI2, and now Victoria. I am now preparing to enter the realm of Victoria multiplayer. It should be fun, as I'll likely get my head handed to me the first dozen or so times. :D

It is encouraging to see all the AAR greats congratulating my writing. Helps with the morale. :D

Just a bit of advice I read in someone's AAR (I really don't remember whose): :p

"To read is mortal, to comment, divine." :D

Thanks again, folks. :)

I'll nominate the next WritAAR to continue this glorious tradition this weekend.

Congratulations fj44 well done winning the award :)

Congratulation Fj44. A splendid work for a rookie.

By the way, I think he is trying to quote the great stnylan.

"To view is human, to comment is divine". ;)

FJ44, congrats with becomming writAAR of the week and only after two weeks :eek:

prussiablue-yep, that's probably it. :D

Okay, it's the end of my week, so now I have to choose a new writAAR of the week. :D

I name Katapraktoi. I just started reading Children of the Prophet, and he's doing an admirable job. :)

Congratulations Katapraktoi!

Last edited:
Congratulations Katapraktoi.

Congratulations Katapraktoi.

PS
It would be helpfull if a link to the AAR was posted in the same post as the announcement :)