• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congrats Captain Austin!

A fine choice; congratulations, Brandenburg III!

Congrats!

Congrats BIII! Great to see you still going strong.

Congratulations, TristamShandy! And also Brandenburg III!

Both excellent authors with excellent story ideas!

(and TristamShandy HAS been having quite a week, eh? :) )

Rensslaer

Since the last time I won this award – I was surprised it was as soon as last year and for the same AAR – I was apparently sick for the week and didn’t deliver much of a response. I won’t go through everything but if you want to (re)read it you can go ahead and look at post 3937. I don’t think much has changed since then. Not only does it go through how I found writing and all that it goes on to describe how I discovered the forums and my evolution from there.

Not everything will be repeated but an update from 2009 is in order. ;)

1znlbi1.png

Since the 2009 update I haven’t been back to Nashville. Not to live at least. I’ve mainly stayed in my little corner of nowhere the last few years with occasional disappearing acts to do what I do. To help me further my disappearing acts I’ve begun to undertake mastering the mandolin and have been practicing French for a few years. Give me five or six more and both Spanish and Russian will be under my belt as well.

Eventually I had finished the book I was writing when constructing the last update but its remained on cd since the last line was written without so much as a single edit. I know eventually I’ll have to rewrite it and considering the amount of time I spent littering alliteration throughout each paragraph I haven’t been up to it. Maybe someday. But since that time I haven’t written a single complete story. I’ve managed to recreate many of my High School years by beginning a number of short stories only for them to inevitably be left abandoned, forgotten or lost. Now that years have gone by I’ve begun concentrating on other things.

On the AAR side of the wall, since the last update, I took over the HOI 2 library project. Even at that time it was three times as large as EU3 and was completely ignored for the most part. Those first months I went through a lot, restructuring about half of all the content. But a year ago or more I hit a wall and haven’t been back to it since. I still have an urge to finish it up when I find the time. That time may come in these following months. But it is difficult to spend that much time on a dying forum.

Considering how far behind the HOI II Library was when I took it over I was unable to institute many of my plans for the Library and had to tackle and post the individual AARs instead. At some point I was asked to assume the HOI III Library when the game would be released. I turned it down because there was still a lot of work to go through in HOI II – and there still is – also because I don’t find HOI that interesting. I did express an interest in doing a library should Victoria II or CK II ever be announced and released but I’m sure somewhere along the line that message became lost in transition. And that turned out to be fine since the past year and a half would’ve made those projects difficult to maintain. However, it would still be nice to be able to control a library and include all the ideas I initially had for HOI II.

Many AARs have been written since my last update here. I look back and wonder how I was able to maintain pace especially since I’ve been having trouble writing “The End” on Monarchy for so long, or even the Muse story. However I’m getting through it and it should be finished within the next week – now that I’ve finally finished the game.

Other future writing projects on this forum are possible but I am going on a month long tour of Central America starting late May/June so some of them may have to be put on hold. Just like all ideas, they’re just ideas until they’re put on paper or posted to a forum.

I have been considering rereading then sitting down to finish Dante’s Blood – sequel to The Dark Muse – while still toying with the CK Space idea. A few other recent project ideas have also sprouted: A WWI project using DH, rewriting Bukkhara now that I know the speed of Victoria II doesn’t crawl toward the end, a Korean History Book in Victoria or a narrative I’d call ‘Johnny Wore Blue’ using Victoria II during the Civil War. However a new narrative wouldn't be started until the last is finished.

I believe that’s all for now. I’ll be sure to submit my successor tonight sometime after the Cleveland game and before sunrise. And thanks to all.

I have been looking around for a while and wow, its like narratives have been injected with DDT. And not in the fun way. However after scouring AARland I’ve barricaded myself inside the Darkest Hour forums and was prospecting for a few writers. There wasn’t any gold but there was something close to it. Plus it always helps that an AAR takes place in the DH universe.

I won’t describe it too much. I’ll make you go there and read it instead :p

oberstbrooksy

And the current AAR running:

Russia Resplendent A KR Russian AAR

Congratulations, OberstBrooksy! I've read something of yours, I know, because I know the name, but I don't remember what. :)

@BrandenburgIII - fascination explications in this post and your 2007 one! I had no idea! Great information about you. I wrote my first story at around 10 (I wrote a play when I was 4, and stage managed my neighbors into performing it! lol), and wrote my first "serious" fiction at around 12, like you. You should go back to writing a book!

Rensslaer

Never did congratulate you BIII, your post was great though, I haven't been back to Nashville since 2009 either. I left there and ended up in the Northwest, bouncing around between Seattle and Portland.

And also congrats to oberstbrooksy!!!

Congratulations oberstbrooksy!

Have a nice trip BIII, it sounds epic.