• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thanks everyone for your awesome well-wishes! Thanks a ton to you Tanzhang for giving my young AAR some attention! I appreciate it greatly. :)

DensleyBlair: Thanks for the compliment!

A_Dane: Thank you, I certainly hope you do!

Malurous: Thanks, and yes indeed. I was quite shocked when it happened!

Loki100: Thank you. :)

Nikolai: Spasibo!

Fookison: Danke!

Avindian: Merci!

Qorten: Gracias!

Dr. Gonzo: Thanks, I greatly appreciate the recommendation!

Mr. Capiatlist: Thanks, and it's an honor to receive a reward so soon!

I greatly appreciate all of your well wishes! But now, it's time to aim the spotlight on a new face!

Since my predecessor wished to give some other forums besides the CK2 board some attention, I decided to do so! So my pick for best WritAAR of the week is Uriah, for his clever AAR Doppleganger: The Untold Story of the Third Reich

This is a story about Hitler being in essence a mere figurehead, with the real power being held by a savvy lookalike! It is both well written, with plenty of gameplay in addition to it's excellent narrative. Give it a look!

Thank God you've nominated somebody! Three more days and I would have gone ahead and done so.

...Oh, and Congrats Uriah! Another one for the trophy case! :)

Congrats Uriah!

Thank you to all, and to SeanB for nominating me. For someone on only his second AAR it is nice to be recognised. (My first one lasted 3 years so I don't expect I'll get many more finished).

I have been looking at seriously playing Vic2 for while, and so of course the first step is to read AARs. When I say seriously, I mean to read the rule book and maybe think before clicking. As anyone who has followed my HOI3 AARs knows, I am not an extreme gamer: no playing on God Emperor level for me. If I can win on Average I am more than happy.

Returning to the point, (briefly) I read quite a few Vic2 AARs, but one I remembered. (To be honest, partly because I had played a quick game as Greece and got creamed within 50 years. I was not surprised to see you could actually do quite well if you knew what you were doing). I was struck by the clarity of the descriptions and that I could quite easily follow with little knowledge of the game. As I got to know it better, I found that there was more depth in the story: the writer was tying the game to his story. So he was teaching me how to play while entertaining me.

Anyway, that's enough. You can see why it took me longer to write 1939 - 1941 than it took in real life.

This week's WritAAR of the week http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...eroes-Fight-Like-Greeks-A-Greek-AAR-AHD-v2.31 by Ab Ovo

This was quite unexpected! Thank you Uriah; I'm glad you enjoyed my humble work and I should really get started on that next update!

Congrats Ab Ovo, you're filling your trophy case nicely these days. ;)