• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well done YF-23! Congratulations!

Well, it's time for me to pass the award, and I've chosen my successor.
And that is CatKnight, for Lords of the Danemark (MEIOU)!

I am simply amazed by the creativeness and attention to detail he puts to even minor things. Though my style uses a much higher gameplay:narrative ratio, I know that I would never match him no matter how hard I tried. Congratulations, CatKnight!

Congratulations, CatKnight! You have a meticulous style of your own, with great attention to detail and you always make an effort to fit the game events into the story in a plausible manner, no matter how implausible the events. :)

Concatulations, CatKnight!

Congrats! See, even mods can win. :p

Thank you YF-23 for this award!

I've sat here for the past fifteen minutes trying to think of something clever or wise to say, but having just come off of work I'm not feeling that clever nor wise. I suppose that's why I tend to update on the weekends. So, with your forbearance, I'll skip to the point of whatever clever or wise thing is lurking somewhere behind the dull stupor.

Thank you. Everyone.

I can say with absolute certainty that without AARland being such a welcome place, and without my fans posting comments, I wouldn't be here. I'd have wandered off long ago.

I imagine many of our writers would say the same, especially since people tend to like more than one AAR, but my readers are awesome. They will find interesting bits of history I can incorporate or at least read about, take pictures of ancient ruins (yes, I still want to see them!) or speculate on what I've written and often come up with ideas I never would have dreamed of on my own. I then quietly pretend their speculation was right all along and head in that direction which usually leaves the story much richer as a result.

Writing isn't always easy. Incorporating the level of detail I like to add sometimes takes hours of snooping through different websites, trying to decipher my own handwriting (the Rosetta stone helps here), and then picking though screenshots to see what I can use. It's not easy - but my readers make it worth it.

They are the ones who made this award possible. When I carry it around this week, I do so in their name and with my gratitude.

Thank you.

speculate on what I've written and often come up with ideas I never would have dreamed of on my own

Absolutely spot on! A lot of people who commentate on here but who don't write have much better imaginations than some of us authors!

An excellent choice for an exceptionally talented writer!

Congratulations, CatKnight!

Rensslaer

Great choice! Congratulations, CatKnight!

Thanks again YF-23 for this wonderful award!

I hope you will forgive my brevity as I'm getting ready for work:

I've followed this writAAR for awhile now. He seems to prefer what we'd call 'gameplay' AARs, and his wit and clarity always make them a fun read. In addition, he's an excellent ambassador for the EU3/MEIOU mod.

May I present:

malurous and his Children of the Sun!