• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thank you gabor! It's always an honour to receive this award from a fellow writAAR. Thanks everybody for the congratulations, and thanks to all who have read/lurked/commented in my AAR. I had a great time playing my first V2 game with Ethiopia, and as much fun sharing my experience in the AAR. Even with the 1.1 flaws, it's still an amazingly rich and rewarding game to play, and like EU3, I'm sure it'll only get better and better with time.

I've got lots of reading to catch up with, a couple of projects in mind to start, and of course Mamma Mia! to get back to and finish... so that's 2011 sorted for me already :)

And now time to pass the award... to a Rome writAAR this time. He's only recently started what looks like a very promising and entertaining history, of the kind one probably wouldn't read to a fainthearted audience - but no one is this forums is fainthearted, right? :D The WoW goes to...

Alfred Packer, for his gritty accounts in Penguin Classics: A History of the Vandals.

Congratulations! (I notice the gods have cursed you to receive this award only in odd years...)

Congrats! :D

Congratulations Alfred! Very well deserved if I may say so :)

Congratulations! Nice to see a Rome AAR win, and it's very well deserved - a very innovative style!

Congrats, AP! Very nice to see your name in the title of this thread again :D

Congrats! :)

Congrats! :)

Congratulations Alfred Packer :)

Congratulations, Alfred Packer!

Congratulations Alfred. And yes, I'm just getting around to this, even though I've followed the AAR for a bit of time.

Thank you everyone for you kind words. To have won this award again really means a lot to me. Especially because I am really happy with The History of the Vandals thus far. I have enjoyed my week in the sun and hope to see you all again in 2013 (assuming the Maya are mistaken)

Now, I'm passing this on. It was hard to do...there are so many interesting and, really, excellent AARs out there right now. So, I've decided to give it to a new AAR. The introduction is exciting, well written and piques my curiousity and I can't wait to see where he goes with the story. Jump on board now, because I think TemplarComander is making something special with I Alexei, A Russian Modern AAR

Congratulations TemplarComander!