• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I also must add my voice to the choir, SM. I'll even go so far as to exactly echo coz in his praise. Noble Lives cut my teeth on being a readAAR... and it's all been downhill since then. Well worth the downhill plummet, as is your current work. :cool:

Secret Master, Congratulations!

You know I love your work, because I just presented the Weekly Showcase award to Templaric Twits too! ;)

And I understand Bravo Zulus are in order for you as well!

Great work! In everything.

Rensslaer

Many congratulations Secret Master.

Congratulations.

A double victory this week I see. Congratulations SECRET MASTER :)

Congratulations to our latest writer to be honoured!

A gray robed figure approaches the dais where the coveted WOW award rests. His features are obscured by the latest in the fashion of facial covering devices, the Cowl of Uninhibited Evil™. Slithering almost like a snake, which is quite difficult considering he has two more legs and feet than most belly crawling reptiles, he moves to touch the award. He glances to the left and sees the microphone. A thought crosses his mind. Yes, it might just work. An acceptance speech can be used to influence the minds of others into doing ones bidding.

“WritAARs, readAARs, and other assorted ruffians, lend me your ears. I come to accept an award for Secret Master, not to praise him. The evil that men do lives after them, the good is oft interred in their threads. So let it be with Secret Master. The noble grayghost hath told you Secret Master was ambitious in the writing of his AARs. If it were so, it were a grievous fault. And generously hath Secret Master been rewarded for it. Under leave of grayghost and the rest (for grayghost is an honorable man, so are they all), they do say that Secret Master was ambitious. That he hath brought many captured provinces to the capitol of his rulers in his AARs, and the ransom of his dead characters is enough to fill Rome’s great coffers full. Did Secret Master in this seem ambitious? When the widows in his threads hath cried, Secret Master wept. Ambition should be made of sterner stuff. I speak not to disprove what grayghost spoke, but here I am to speak what I do know. But yesterday, the word of Secret Master might have stood against the French, now he stands here with an award in his hand….”

The Messenger appears next to gray robed figure and speaks briefly. Words such as “not a eulogy for Caesar”, “it’s only an acceptance speech”, and “Bill will sue over plagiarism” can be heard issuing from the microphone.

Turning back to the audience, the figure whose face is behind the Cowl of Uninhibited Evil™ smiles. At least, he is probably smiling. It could be an evil sneer, or perhaps a befuddled grin. It’s really hard to tell with the lighting on the stage.

“I have just been informed that due to copyright infringement, this acceptance speech has to be ended. I will just say thanks, and everything is going according to plan. Stay tuned for further world domination updates.”

The award is snatched from the dais and disappears under the robe. The figure departs the stage, muttering, “They suspect nothing, and everything. It was a huge success.”

With the coming of a new week, our revels now are ended...

And now it is my pleasure to pass on the WoW award to another deserving writer. Who is this writer, you may ask? Well, this writer has been busy running amok in Iberia with the Islamic hordes, turning back the clock on history and reclaiming that which was lost. This writer has been struggling with terrible monarch's who refuse to move the country to the Eastern Techgroup. This writer has even had to cope with in-game spam and a 1337 speaking character who refused to speak English, Moorish, Spanish, or any other recognizable language. This writer is making Deconquista a proper noun in the truest since of the term. This writer is also a first time recipient of this award. I am, of course, referring to Dysken, who is currently involved in multiple projects, but what I am most interested in at the moment is his AAR The Deconquista.

Congratulations to Dysken. :)

Congratulations Dysken !

Dysken was awoken by the cold, wet feeling of a pillow full of drool. As he grudgingly got up, put on his dressing gown and scratched his belly he felt a pang of hunger. His unfocused eyes scanned the computer desk and spied a bowl of not completely eaten mashed potatoes. "Excellent!" he thought to himself and started the computer. Whilst eating yesterdays dinner his entire mental power was focused on not getting too much food on the sleeves of the oversized gown. As the now stale potato mush entered his abdomen his browser was in the final phase of opening the paradox fora. He saw that he had one unread PM in his inbox. Gosh he sure was popular. Hmm, what's this? WritAAR of the week? Sounds like todays accomplishment was already completed. Now he could watch 'Allo 'Allo reruns till it was dinner time.

Yay, thanks everyone. :)

Last edited:
Congratulations to the writer of the week- Dysken!

Congratulations Dysken, it is well deserved :)

Congrats Dysken! Very funny work. :D