• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congrats, mornignSIDEr. Can't think of a more deserving Khandeshdidate. Miran.

Congratulations, morningSIDEr! I'm greatly enjoying Soks to be You; this distinction is very well deserved! :)

Congrats morningSIDEr! I do love your Vicky AAR very much :)

Congratulations MorningSIDEr :D

A great many thanks to everyone for the kind words (your bribes are in the post!), and special thanks to Tanzhang (譚張) (your bribe is en route!)

One of my favourite AARs is a tale about the Rurikovich family and their being 'aided' by various forces of good and evil, written by one of the more well known members of AARland. I am of course referring to the stupendous Tales from our Faarthers by my compatriot loki100 (incidentally I nominated loki for WritAAR of the Week for this excellent AAR many months ago). Thus when a new AAR about the Rurikovich began on the EU3 board, this too written by another of my compatriots (we're taking over the forum!), my interest was piqued.

So far this new take on the Rurikovich family is proving wonderfully entertaining as their mastery of fashion, be it wearing a rainbow waistcoat or nothing at all as Aleksandr II favours, and the trials and tribulations of their fight against the unstoppable Golden Horde continues to prove a tverrific read. What is all the more impressive about this AAR is that it is the writer's first. The AAR I am alluding to is of course the excellent InTveresting Times: An AfTver Action Report and its writer, Fyregecko, is my choice for the next WritAAR of the Week.

Congratulations!

Nice choice, congrats Fyregecko!

Congratulations!

Congratulations Fyregecko!

Thank you, everyone. Not going to turn down some free publicity, am I?

Like Duncan in Shakespeare's Macbeth (who was, in reality, bloody useless and Scotland was much better off with Macbeth), time has come to choose a successor, and I can only hope that the non-selected candidates do not react in the same manner. By blood is very sticky, almost never omes out in the wash and, in any case, belongs in my veins. Kindly allow it to remain there.

While I have a personal preference for comedy AARs, I decided that after two EUIII Comedy WritAARs, it might be time for a change of pace. The winner is very nicely laid out, easy to follow, and has (I think) a good balance of text and screenshots. My main hope for the AAR is that, since he is currently sweeping all before him, he can find some proper opposition to keep things interesting! In any case, my nomination for WritAAR of the Week is arosenberger14 and his rather nifty work The Iron Cross Triumphant. Well done wee man, and keep going :)

Congratulations!

Congratulations arosenburger14!