• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Many congratulations indeed canonized.

Congrats canonized! I've enjoyed reading your AAR although I still need to catch up with the last of it.

Congratulations Canonized, your is another EU3 aar that I need to check out right away!

Congratulations Canonized. Being one of those you mentioned having been there from the beginning of your AAR, I can say that your writing certainly merits this award. The fact that you are new doesn't matter. Your indepth research, mapping out of alternate timeline, and ability to seperate between the mythical past and the mythical present is outstanding. Although this is, overall, a serious work, your little stabs at humor are quite funny especially because they are subtle. Keep up the good work and know that I will be following this until the end.

Excellent speech, canonized! I don't remember checking your AAR yet, but now I'll have to.

Enjoy the award!

(Now coz, about the cake...)

It's Saturday afternoon here in sunny orange county , and that means that it's past midnight in the Imperial city of Madrid . And thus I will now announce my nomination for the next WritAAR of the Week !

Before that I wanted to thank you all for the kind comments both here and at my thread . They were a great encouragement !

Once again I wanted to thank coz and all the others who have been diligent in maintaining this thread as well as all the participants who keep it alive and well . Without all your collective efforts this would not be so successful in supporting our myriad writers and readers alike .

Throughout the week I've been busy looking through many different AARs. The search was by all means not exhaustive but I did manage to sample many different AARs from many different authors in an attempt to find the next WoW in line. Despite some very nice writing styles and AARs presented by authors who have already won the WoW I decided to pass it on to someone who has not won it before . I was lucky enough to have already sampled the various AARs of those who were kind enough to encourage my AAR since I promised to read those who were nice enough to leave a note and I still do so, and, despite my meandering search amongst the AARs and authors who I have not yet known or had the pleasure of being acquainted, I narrowed my search to one particular author among my thread's reading list.

And thus I present this week's WritAAR of the Week: grayghost

Grayghost is the author of a HOI2 AAR The Manchurian Candidate and is the founding member of the AAR Group "The Warlord Club" .

Amongst the authors that I have sampled, grayghost stands out on many levels. Firstly, as shown through his magnificent AAR, he is an author fully cognizent of the human attraction towards mystery, an aspect which I personally as an author strive to attain and thus I identify with him. In his AAR, he executes this ideal perfectly. His work flows with the tautness of a hard boiled thriller tempered by the political realities of running a substandard state.

Indeed, it is the puppet nation of Manchukuo that this author finds a voice so close to his personality. A humble nation which refuses to bow down to adversity. An author, who boldly represents the hardships and triumphs of the rise of a Qing state without heeding the technical difficulties of writing an AAR without pictures. A deposed Emperor, reaching through the Manchurian snow to a brighter horizon for his people. An author, who weaves a story despite the pressing demands of his career. The soul of the man is emulated by his art. Certainly he is not the only one amongst us who has done such work, but he also does this work with a finesse of wit.

The intelligence of his work is unmistakable. The dialogue especially is pregnant with the emotions and insecurities of a group of people unsure of their true identity ready to be reborn into endless potential. His portrayal of Pu Yi is as cutting and ambitious as his "Operation October Revolution." Truly, his fine research and exacting literary style is as unmistakeable as the kindness he shows to his friends.

Therefore, let no one say that you have received this award just because you have been a close friend to me, or an avid supporter of my work. Grayghost, as a writer, I am honoured to count you as a friend and to give this award to you and this award represents all my instincts. Please continue to write and inspire all the writers in this community.

And indeed, I ask this community to truly understand what these awards mean. As a holder of this prestige myself and to be able to hand it off to a great writer such as grayghost, this represents the collective gesture of gratitude. Gratitude from our readers to us, and gratitude from one author to another. Writing for free, our only reward is the recognition of our friends. So please keep it up.

Lastly I wanted to say before my final congratulations. I hope that this past week has been a testament to all the new people that have especially come around because of the release of new paradox games. This award may sometimes confuse individuals into thinking that "AARland" is composed of an elite clique of writAARs with custom avatars and custom titles who only read each others' AARs. As my final wish as holder of this prestige before passing it on is that AARland continues its openness to new writers, new styles, and even new premises and formats like mine and for all the new writers that I beseech you all to enrich our boards with your work you will hopefully be as well received and recognized as I have been. Readers, I have not forgotten about you all. Especially to all the lurkers who have graced me with comments, I wanted to say thank you all and please realize that YOU are just as important (in sufficient quantities, haha just kidding) as the writers !

Good luck to you all and once again , Congratulations Grayghost on a well deserved prize . I hope to see more of you around and I hope you agree to the request for an interview that I sent you in the private message !

Edit: Thanks for accepting my invitation for the interview , Grayghost ! I'll have it as a bonus on my thread and I plan on interviewing some more friends . I think I'll call it "You've Been Canonized !" I promise you don't have to die first though XD .

Last edited:
Well done grayghost, congratulations :)

Congratulations Grayghost; though I'm curious. What is the Warlord Club?

Warlords Club members are those who've written AARs as any Chinese faction. its somewhat detailed in the topic post of The Manchurian Candidate

Congratulations Grayghost!

Woohoo! Go grayghost!