• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I believe one of the people recommending it was me. :)

That would explain why the recommendation carried such weight in my mind - even if I couldn't remember where it came from. :) Thanks, D!

Having read a good bit of the story this morning (so much for the job search), I can unhesitatingly state that it's a very deserving winner. It has some of the deepest, most plausible characters constructed anywhere. Even the bad guys (well, the ones I've encountered so far) are intelligent, not just unlikeable dummies.

So if you haven't read TheExecutor's story yet, and you are interested in a story filled with rich, well-realized characters, you should do yourself a favor and check out 'The Last Mission'. Don't be fooled by the 'A love story! With airplanes!' tag - this is no simple Ben Affleck-Josh Hartnett 'Pearl Harbour' rip-off: it is vastly superior.

Fortunately, I have just such a person in mind - one who has never won this award though he diligently continues to work on his AAR month after month, now counting some years. You may have seen him in one of your AARs and his name is -

TheExecuter​

Offer him some congrats and take a look at his AAR - The Last Mission. Once you have you will realize just how deserving this is. And long over due. Congrats, TheExecutor! :)

:eek:

Thanks!

"Month after month"...something like my update speed...but anyway, quite an honor...I'm humbled!

El Pip said:
Hear, hear! The Last Mission has been criminally under-rated as it is has been a consistently excellent AAR over the last few years.

Well deserved sir.

No, no, thank YOU sir! You've been my best reader/commentator/plot wizard. Without your encouragement, I'd never have made it this far. Part of this award necessarily goes to you then!

Lord E, Le Jones, robou, Enewald, Qorten, Canonized, aldriq, Hardraade, crusaderknight, Director:

Thanks for the well-wishes and congratulations! Keep up the good work!

Stuyvesant said:
Having read a good bit of the story this morning (so much for the job search), I can unhesitatingly state that it's a very deserving winner. It has some of the deepest, most plausible characters constructed anywhere. Even the bad guys (well, the ones I've encountered so far) are intelligent, not just unlikeable dummies.

So if you haven't read TheExecutor's story yet, and you are interested in a story filled with rich, well-realized characters, you should do yourself a favor and check out 'The Last Mission'. Don't be fooled by the 'A love story! With airplanes!' tag - this is no simple Ben Affleck-Josh Hartnett 'Pearl Harbour' rip-off: it is vastly superior.

Thank you so much for your words of praise and well-crafted advertising! I owe you one for the admonishment on a better signature posting! Your comments are always welcome and always perceptive. Looking forward to hearing from you some more!

Now that my week in the sun is up, I'd like to pass this along to a writer whose storyline is breathtaking in its crazyness. You wouldn't automatically grab this plot from a game of Rome, yet somehow his skill at writing allows the story to come off. Recently returned to updating after a short period away, I hope that he continues in much the same vein. Please congratulate:

crusaderknight

on his winning of the Writer of the Week Award for Regnum Iudaeorum - The Lost Ten Tribes of Israel.

Congratulations, crusaderknight!

TheExecuter

Very many congratulations , ck ! well deserved !

Congratulations crusaderknight:)

Congratulations, well-deserved!

Congratulations!

Many thanks for both the high praise and for the awAARd, TheExecuter! I certainly hope my writing is able to live up to the high praise recieved from you and my other readAARs! I must say, when I began this first book of the AAR, I expected it to be rather brief, just a quick prologue to explain the backstory behind my mod. But it quickly spun into a much longer and deeper plot line. However, I cannot take full credit for this awAARd. I often converse on MSN messenger with AlexanderPrimus, and he has helped me on more than one occasion when my writing has been in a slump. So some of the credit for this awAARd goes to you, AP! And ofcourse, without my readAARs, I'd have no reason to write, so many thanks to you all for your support! :cool:

And many thanks to everyone for their congratulations! I love the community atmosphere of AARland! :D

Great speech ! I too have often counseled with Primus and picked his brain for thoughts and wisdom . It's a pity he hasn't gotten his own AAR off the ground again . I'm definitely looking forward to it . Great job , ck , and reading your AARs have always been a great pleasure !

Well, my week in the sun has come to an end, and it is time to pass the torch to a very worthy bearer.

It was a tough choice, but at last I settled on an authAAR who can tell a wonderful tale. He is currently working on two AARs, and the more recent of these two is still in its youth, yet already he has managed to weave a web of Byzantine intrigue filled with believable characters and wonderful descriptions of settings and personalities. I highly reccomend reading both his active AARs if you can.

The authAAR is, ofcourse,

Lord Valentine

and his winning AAR is:

I Doukas - Tales of Passion, Power and Death

Very many congratulations , Lord Valentine :D

Congratulations Lord Valentine :)