• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations, Phoenix Dace! That's quite an AAR you have going back at HOI 2-land. Well done!

Wow. This isn't even something I ever considered when I decided to write my AAR. It's just something that never entered my mind, especially after only two days and three updates. I promise to churn out another one today because of this.

Congratulations, Phoenix!

That's quite a story you have going... even prior to the start of the game!

Welcome to AAR community! :D

Rensslaer

Congratulations. Most excellent.

Well, the 14th has come and it's time for me to pass on the title of WritAAR of the week. Unfortunately (In a sense), the title is staying in the Hearts of Iron 2 AAR community for now, as I am passing it on to a writer who isn't really a writer. Although his AAR in itself may not have stood out if it was simply another text and pictures AAR, it drew attanetion to itself because the writer dictated his AAR. I think he was the first person ever to do so on the forums, but please point out my mistake if you can. So, I would like to pass the title of WritAAR of the Week on to The_six_Shooter for his HoI2 AAR Bismarck Line and the Kriegsmarine. Congratulations.

Not being able to download the actual work, I cannot comment on the AAR's writing, but the idea sounds quite interesting. Words are words, rather spoken or written and if they are original (which I've no doubt that they are), then it fits perfectly. I wonder if the response will be dictated as well. ;)

Congrats The_six_Shooter and step on up to tell us about yourself and take a bow!

Congratulations. Most deserved and most inovative.

Wow thanks Phoenix Dace & everyone else this is a real honour. I hadn't been on the forums since friday due to some friends coming up and suddenly I find out I win this prestiogious award. I Don't even really deserve it, my story isn't all that good, just came up with a neat idea. But thank you all so very much, I suppose I'll have to start working on an update right away.

Six Shooter, congratulations! I haven't gotten a chance to listen to your story yet. But it's an innovative idea, and I'm looking forward to it. Especially since I think I have an inkling of the subject, and that's of keen interest to me.

***ATTENTION ALL***

You know, I've been noticing... Once upon a time, this award came with more than just a chance at AAR recognition, but winners would also be asked to tell the Forum a little about themselves personally.

I always found that interesting to hear about others, and it was part of the honor to be recognized as a being more deeply rooted than we readAARs see right here.

I miss those personal accounts, and I would really recommend that we re-emphasize this part of the award, and perhaps ask Six Shooter (or even some of the other recent winners?) to tell us a little about who you are, what attracted you to the game/Forum, how you got into writing, what you'd like to do with it... Etc.

Am I alone, or are there more who would like to see this tradition reinvigorated?

Rensslaer

You are most certainly correct, Renss! :D

So don't be shy, six_Shooter - step on up to the podium and tell us about yourself!

Well theres not a lot to tell really, being playing paradox games since EU1 first came out in northamerica. Currently I'm a 20 year old college student, I've written a few articles for my school paper and a short story here at there. I had written an HOI 1 AAR two years ago when i was in vietnam one summer though never completed it and under a different name (can't even remember it now) I only just bought HOI2 this summer and since I had just goten a USB headset I thought may as well give narration a chance, espeically as I love the old 40s & 50s radio shows ( have part of a abbot & costello show in one part of my AAR) I like the AAR experiecence as some people have really great stories, Some coming close to "Night of The Generals" level, (which is one of the best war movies out there, if you haven't seen it, rent it now!)

Well done The_six_Shooter. Your idea for an AAR sounds interesting and I'll check it out. :)

Joe

Congratulations six-shooter. It is good to see WoW still going strong and to pop in and see familiar names here, I miss my AAR days. I remember EU1 well sixshooter, ahhh those were good days to be a gamer :)

congrats

Well it seems as though time has come to pass the proverbial torch. Again Thank you everyone for listening to and supporting my AAR. When it came to a decision it was very difficult, right now the Hearts of Iron 2 forum is flooded with excellent AARS, Mettermck's Eagles of Avalon is quite excellent, though he's just won an award :). The one I'm therefore choising is a Crusader Kings AARFor God and St. George: An English Hundred Years War AAR written by the newcomer Lanlier, you should all go check it out.