• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I PM'd spade-tiger yesterday. If we don't see this pass on today, I will choose the next winner tomorrow.

Congratulations, Spade-Tiger,

As I mentioned in your AAR, I've been following since you began.

Quite a comprehensive job.

Rensslaer

coz1 said:
I PM'd spade-tiger yesterday. If we don't see this pass on today, I will choose the next winner tomorrow.
But then can't you get the price for Quest: The Spanish Search For Gold. Then it is a whole week left to next chance. :(

Snake IV said:
But then can't you get the price for Quest: The Spanish Search For Gold. Then it is a whole week left to next chance. :(
We try to have this passed on every Sunday, but it doesn't always happen that way. I try to give each previous winner time enough to make their choice, but as you suggested, if we wait too long, someone's time in the spotlight gets shortened. I try to go the middle ground and give until Tuesday or Wednesday. If no word has been given by then, I choose someone since I started the thread.

coz1 said:
We try to have this passed on every Sunday, but it doesn't always happen that way. I try to give each previous winner time enough to make their choice, but as you suggested, if we wait too long, someone's time in the spotlight gets shortened. I try to go the middle ground and give until Tuesday or Wednesday. If no word has been given by then, I choose someone since I started the thread.
If he has seen your private messige I think you should give the title away. As he hasn't pronounced any succesor he proably has a hard time to choose and in that case he maybe also would like someone else to pick next one.

spade-tiger has passed the WritAAR of the Week on to:

hobotnicajoe

He is currently writing an HoI2 AAR on Hungary that caught spade-tiger's eye. It seems others are enjoying his work as well. Congrats hobotnicajoe! Now step on up and tell us about yourself. :D

Oh! Very nice!

I discovered this AAR just last night, and found it quite a treat!

Congratulations, Hobotnicajoe!

Rensslaer

Congratulations hobotnicajoe, nice work :)

I have to admit that I'm pretty surprised (and yet extremely pleased) by the award, since my current AAR is the first one I've ever written. It made me so happy that I finally made an effort to create my signature :D

I bought HOI2 6 months ago, I was learning the basics, browsing the forum for information and help, when I found the AAR section, and liked it a lot. I decided that I would make a record of my 2nd campaign game in a form of an AAR. Some might find my style too data-oriented, raw, simply written, lacking exciting plots and funny dialogues. But my goal was to focus on the military part of the action, maneuvers, operations using maps and data tables/diagrams. On the other hand, I'm not so good at English, so writing epic AARs would be quite difficult for me.

The reason why I picked Hungary for the AAR is that I was a newbie to the game, so I wanted to play with a smaller country, without huge armies and complicated naval management. And having relatively few divisions and leaders makes them more unique, more lovable :) . The country has a lot of potential (maybe even too much in HOI2 :)), so a lot of stuff can be achieved with correct decisions. I read a lot about Hungarian WWII history since I've started the AAR, which I found very exciting. I wish I had done it before I started :( .

A few words about myself: I'm a 30-year-old guy living in Nordjylland, Denmark. I work as a software developer, play waterpolo in my spare time, and I'm a great fan of WWII history, and WWII fighter aircrafts (I was so happy to see more air action in patch 1.3 :D ). Additionally, I'm a (motor)bike addict, which is pretty unfortunate in rainy Denmark :). I hope I can "invade" Italy this summer...

And in the end I'd like to thank spade-tiger for passing the award, and of course all the readers of my AAR. I'm really glad to see that some of the AAR veterans (or rather legends ;) ) appreciate my work. It really gives a boost to my AAR writing morale. So, thanks guys!

Last edited:
Congratulations, hobotnicajoe.

One question, though: What's a hobotnica? :p

Morpheus506 said:
One question, though: What's a hobotnica? :p

It means 'octopus' in some slavic languages (as far as I know :D ).

Last edited:
Yes in Croatian it means octopuss. Congratulations on the award