• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nice choice. Well done Director :)

Director said:
So thank you - to Lord Durham for wisdom,
You got the right Lord Durham? :D

A belated congrats, Porter!

My thanks to you all! But my time is up... Hard as it may be to believe, our attention must now turn to someone other than myself.

So please join me in celebrating another fine work. Director is currently hatless; he doffed it in respect and then was so caught up in the story I think he sat on on it. I am amazed, enthralled, impressed, and certain I need to go brush up on my own writing skills. Congratulations, you horrible, mean and nasty people! :D

If you want to know how to tell a story, folks, look no farther than Redwolf and Amric, Writers of the Week for Journey to the Far East - A Free Company Spin-Off (2008). For those of us who needed a lesson, THIS is how it's done!

Congratulations !

Porter, there isn't a darn thing wrong with your writing skills....:) I'm not sure what you mean by 'For those of us who needed a lesson, THIS is how it's done!'....I am presuming you are speaking of collaborative writing....of which you are quite accomplished yourself. For myself, I thank you for the award. I'm sure RW will be along at some point to make his own speech. I suppose I should get on with mine, as it were.

Director made a lot of good points in his acceptance speech. So well, in fact, that I feel little need to repeat them. I've received this award quite a few times over the years from my first AAR to now with my good buddy Redwolf. There are those along the way who have given me great encouragement and praise and helped me keep my head above water when I felt uncertain of my skills or whether I belonged in such august company as Director, or Coz1, or MrT, or Secret Master, Ariel, Warspite or so many others.

Lord Durham is truly the architect of AARland. His wisdom, patience, and encouragment to new writers is legendary. It was his work that inspired me to write again in the first place. His comments, praise, and tips to improve my writing have all been taken to heart. It is very much due to him that my skills continue to improve.

Coz1....A true friend and boon companion. It was with him and Alexandru H. that we started the AARland Gazette, the first mag for AARland. We crossed paths in each other's stories and commented and 'corresponded' at times. I consider him one of the pillars of the community and a grand friend.

Director...Another friend and eventual Editor of the AARland Gazette. We've commented and even collaborated a little bit in his Frontier AAR. His comments and critiques have also helped me to improve as a writer.

The Free Company....All the folks within it...Rath Jones...Erik Jaeger..Storey....Stroph1...Valdemar...Redwolf....Stnylan....The Hawk, and so many others....It had been years since I had done any collaborative writing. I had stopped writing for some time and when I returned I was leery of trying the collaborative thing again. These gentlemen made it easy for me....They welcomed me into their group. They actively worked to incorporate me into their legendary association. As a writer's workshop it was an experience of a lifetime. One I continue to treasure.

Nalivayko.....Another friend I have spent some time writing with...and corresponding...A man who was so generous as to offer me a website to post my pics for my AARs. An incredibly talented man who is a joy to write with.....

Redwolf...another friend I met through the FC and am currently sharing the writing tasks for Journey to the Far East. He and I do work quite well together. We're pretty much on the same wavelength...most of the time. Considering I am an American and he is from Singapore the cultural and language difference isn't stopping us from working together...and writing great stuff. Together I think we make an excellent team.

I know I have forgotten some people, and I apologize...but this is getting rather lengthy and overwrought....In the end it is all about writing, reading, and commentating for each other. Whether it is discovering a brand new talent that you wish to encourage and nurture to a seasoned veteran like Mettermrck who you continue to praise for his incredible writing and attention to detail...the important thing is that while you are building your own audience you can learn things from the other writers here on these forums. Everyone here has something to offer to many of us.

Even though I've been here for....Good Grief....Five years now....I still continue to learn and be amazed at the incredible talent that exists on these fora. I believe you should all give yourselves a hand for continuing to create and write such amazing tales. All for a series of games. Well done, all of you!

And thank you all once again for your congratulations. I really appreciate it and I think I should let Redwolf take a few moments to say a few words...I've monopolized this thread enough for now. Thank you.

Last edited:
Congrats! Truly well deserved. Truly well deserved.

:cool: Congrats to the two of you! :cool:

Two thumbs up for redwolf and Amric! Journey to the Far East is coming together beautifully, and you have every right to be proud. Congratulations!

Congratulations guys! :D