• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Many congrautlations.

Nice work, Kanitatlan. Congratulations. :)

Good job Kanitatlan, congrats! :D

Well done Kanitatlan, keep up the good work. :) I'm always fond of that kind of AAR when I try to learn / improve my gameplay. But I admit that I'm not that much interested in them otherwise. Nice to have them around though. :cool:

Congrats Kanitatlan. I am sorry that I havent been reading your AAR recently anymore and thus not fulfilling my duty as leader of Luftwaffe but you know, school is evil.

Congratulations! I've been reading your work.

Well done! Looks like another AAR to read. :)

Joe

Congratulations, Kanitatlan! ! :D

well deserved ! ! :cool:

Storey:
Well done! Looks like another AAR to read. :)

aye, and one certainly worth your time! ! :)

Congratulations Kanitatlant! A great piece of analysis AND entertainment. Or should I say analytical entertainment. Oh well, good job. :)

(though the Soviets are gonna crush you...) :p

Well done Kanitatlan, congratulations :)

Pablo Sanchez said:
Well, after looking at the list, I'd have to say that Kanitatlan really ought to be on there for Fatherland - Deutschland über alles. Any time Kanitatlan is running an AAR, I race to read it and wait for the next update; I don't think anybody does really exhaustive point-by-point AARs like he does.
I would just like to thank Pablo for nominating me but I must wonder at the comment I don't think anybody does really exhaustive point-by-point AARs like he does, in response I would say would anybody else want to do really exhaustive point-by-point AAR like mine . Someyimes I think I must be mad.

I must also thank Coz1 for actually telling me I had won. I'm afraid I don't look here very often so I hadn't noticed. We can't have the chain broken can we. Unfortunately this means I will have to work at selecting the next WritAAR rather than writing my AAR, just when it reached one of the exciting points (more suspense for all).

I was thinking of nominating VILenin for his writing in my AAR (actually we could do with a bit more back chat from the "opposition") but I see from the list that he isn't due to win until 25th December 2006 (check post #1) so it will have to be someone else.

Since I'm supposed to say something about myself ...

Like Blue Emu (If you don't know who that is go directly to the HOI2 forum) I am one of the older players on the forums although I get to be 3 months younger. I've been playing military games for 38 years so you will appreciate I started well before computers were much use. By education I am a mathematician (2 degrees) and computer scientist (1 degree), wildly over educated (you spotted that of course ;) ). I am technical director for a small business providing computerisation solutions to the UK emergency services (Fire and Ambulance) and don't worry about the price of Paradox games (which is nice :D ).

I have taken a keen interest in game algorithms, game theory (both sorts - what is normally meant is the theoretical interaction of intelligent agents by modelling with simple games but there is also a subject which is about the theory of how games [as we know them] actually work) and computers. This means that really I should be working for Paradox but there you go, as things stand I doubt they could or would want to afford me.

I have played the full range of Paradox games although I really haven't given sufficient attention to Crusader Kings. I never bothered with any AARs before HOI although if and when I go back to them (after all EU3 is on its way) it will be another story. HOI was the game I had always wanted (right back from the early1980s) so it was a real treat when it came out and no doubt I will by absolutely any HOI game that Paradox ever brings out.

Kanitatlan said:
I must also thank Coz1 for actually telling me I had won. I'm afraid I don't look here very often so I hadn't noticed.

Shame on you :p

Congrats and that's a nice AAR you have written there :)

I was thinking of nominating VILenin for his writing in my AAR (actually we could do with a bit more back chat from the "opposition") but I see from the list that he isn't due to win until 25th December 2006 (check post #1) so it will have to be someone else.
What? There's an error in the repository? :eek: Never! If you blink, you won't see it again. ;)

Seriously, thanks for pointing that out. Looks like VILenin will need to look for a new Christmas present. :p

coz1 said:
Seriously, thanks for pointing that out. Looks like VILenin will need to look for a new Christmas present. :p

Or a bit too early Christmas present if he is going to get this award now :)

Singleton Mosby said:
Or a bit too early Christmas present if he is going to get this award now :)
At least not until Sunday. ;)

I'm afraid I only mentioned him because of the error. I am making an effort to find someone who has never been nominated before. I am concious that my favourite AARs are actually rather long running and the writers have already had awards for the same material I am reading now. I want someone new rather the writers that I most enjoy reading (that would The Yogi and Duke of Wellington for still active AARs)