• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
His second victory here, it seems! Very much deserved for so humorous an AAR as his Chrysanthemum Throne.

Congrats AllmyJames! :D

Very well done , AllmyJames !!

Congrats AllmyJames!

Congratz! :)

Congrats King James :D.

Congratulations AllmyJames!

Wow. I am humbled, good sirs, to receive this award for the second time for The Atheling Chronicle, especially as it is my first attempt at an AAR, following many years of playing paradox games, and nearly as long lurking in other peoples' AARs.

I've tried to keep the plot interesting, while wrestling with the challenge of forcing CK game mechanics into a coherent and plausible narrative. Fortunately, the game is so rich that there is little need for me to invent my own storyline, merely stitch together what the game engine has thrown at me.
I also prefer a challenge, and I think an AAR with ups and downs reads better than one in which I steamroller the Arab and Turks and end up as King of Persia by the year 1080. Consequently, I hope, The Chronicle contains plenty of plot twists. I also hope that the varied styles of the different chroniclers keeps things interesting.

Chrysanthemum Throne began as a throwaway idea in my head one day, and a way to keep me busy when I didn't have the muse to write The Chronicle. I was surprised no-one else had tried it, since it seemed like a natural fit. It has become such a fun game to play, so I'm glad others have enjoyed reading it as well. However, at times, I have begun thinking in haiku long after finishing each report.

Lastly, I'd just like to say that neither of these has been updated for a couple of weeks, due to my participation in a CK succession game, but once my turn in that is done, normal service will resume.

Thanks again for the nomination, RGB, and I'll take some time to peruse my colleages' excellent work, and get back to y'all on Sunday.

Hi Everyone,

I know this is somewhat delayed, but my personal life has been a real rollercoaster of emotion lately.

Anyway, I'm going to pass the baton to Marco Oliverio for his History of the Islamic Countries.

Not only does it narrate gameplay in a most convincing history-book style, but it also showcases the Magna Mundi mod (still something of a mystery to me), and a lesser-played (and difficult) nation, Granada. I've spent many an hour reading through its pages.

Very well done Marco, you and your AAR are very deserving of this reward. :D

Congrats Marco, your AAR is one of the best out there. :D

Congratulations, Marco!