• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well done, Amric!
Now come down and say something about yourself :)

For he's a jolly good fellow...

Congrats Amric.

Hmm, it's certainly deserved despite the fact that he has not written an AAR in a little while. Perhaps he could change that... ;) :D

*I might note that going forward, we should probably try to reward a writer who has written especially well in the past week. I think that suggests more of what this honor is about - rewarding current writers that deserved to be singled out for strong recent effort.

Well, erm, Um...Thank you CatKnight for the honor. Thank you all for your congrats. I'm rather surprised as Coz1 has noted, I am not currently writing a AAR.

Well, I had written a lengthy piece about myself when I was awarded this quite some time ago when Lord Durham awarded this to me in the latter part of 2003. But some things have changed since then. Instead of 2 children then, I have three of them from ages 7, 5, and 4. A girl and two younger boys.

I sell flooring for a living now instead of doing data entry as I did then. As I had mentioned then I had owned EUII for quite some time before I even knew the forums existed. It was due to the excellent writing of Lord Durham that inspired me to stop 'lurking' and start writing myself.

My first AAR, Imperial Eagle Rebirth was based in Sweden and received a Weekly Showcase Award. I have written quite a few stories since then and received my second Weekly Showcase for my Cyprus AAR. Been a bAARtender for the EUII bAAR. Editor of the Gazette. President of Eutopia. I've been and done numerous things.

But my life is far more complex than it was back then. I have discovered that my two oldest children are slightly autistic. My youngest is speech impaired. My job requires a lot of my time now.

I stopped writing for awhile. But the return of Lord Durham and a new Free Company book has energized my writing bug again. I won't be writing a new solo AAR any time soon. But I will be heavily involved in the new FC book and anticipate a great deal of enjoyment from it and with writing with all my fellow collaborators within it, both old hands and the new ones.

There are quite a few talented writers on these forums, and I am wondering who I will be choosing when it comes time.....

Again, thank you all.

Imperial Eagle Rebirth was quite fine, and I remember it fondly. And your take on 'Cyprus' was a fascinating alternate history. I could go on, but just listing your works would take more time than I've got ( :p ) so I'll just say, "Congratulations!" and give you a well-deserved pat on the back.

Congrats Amric. Three kids and a new job! I'm surprise you have anytime for the forum but I'm happy you do.

Joe

I saw your appointment to honor yesterday, but due to a hectic schedule didn't have any time to write the congratulations. As a newcomer I haven't had the time you read your writings, but I am sure to do so after I have finished Lord Durhams splendid (not to mention funny) Portugal -- directors cut.

Anyways I trust the judgement of these splendid authors who have congratulated you up to this time and offer my congratulations to you.

(BOWS Elegantly taking his hat off)

Deus said:
(BOWS Elegantly taking his hat off)
I wish I had a hat with me right now, so I could do the same. :D

It's only now that I saw the new - and highly deserved - award. Amric Al'Aeshir wrote some two years ago one of the first tales I ever followed (the Imperial Eagle Rebirth), superb. Auvergne was of great fun. I think I don't need to talk about the other ones :D By the way, he's not only an example of writing, but also an example of life.

Every little bit more I'd say would be highly biased. :D

Congrats, old bean!

Congrats, Amric. Get that keyboard ready... :)

(did I hear Portugal: Director's Cut?...) :eek:

Lord Durham- My keyboard is indeed ready....Nicely warmed up...

Deus- Thank you. LD's Portugal story is indeed one of the reasons I started writing in the first place.

Anibal- You'll make me blush if you keep saying such nice things about me...:)

Director - Thank you sir. From a writer of your caliber that means a lot.

Storey - It isn't easy sometimes, but I just can't help myself. I am only going to be writing in the FC though...

Judge - Thank you, sir.

Allenby - Thank you!

Stnylan - Thank you!

Lord British - Thank you!

AmbassadeBelgie - Thank you!

redwolf - Thank you! Are you as excited as I am about the start of the new FC book?

anonymous4401 - Thank you!

cthulu - Thank you!

To all of you who have given congrats, I thank you for your kind words. It makes me feel good that I am still remembered for my writing. Now remember, I'll be doing more, but in the context of the Free Company. So for those who enjoy great writing, the FC is something you should truly enjoy reading. We have quite a few writers involved and it is going to be GREAT!

Amric said:
It makes me feel good that I am still remembered for my writing.

You don't think we would forget about you that easy now did you.... congrats man you deserv it

Being as I couldn't access the forums most of the weekend...Here I am now to do my suggestion of Writer of the Week. I would like to nominate Seidita. His Union Justice and Confidence: A History of the Louisiana Confederacy has been a tremendous read and he well deserves the honor. So without further ado, all hail the new Writer of the Week: Seidita!

Btw, Thank you as well, Rirre for your kind words!

Very good choice. Much deserved Seidita! Congrats!

Congrats