• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I've been reading some of EvilSanta's work in HoI2 recently and can say he is a very worthy pick. Congrats on the honor, EvilSanta!

Congratulations EvilSanta! Well done!

Ahh, what irony to receive this worthy awAARd as I just started my pause from writing. Or is it a gentle nod towards shortening it?

Thank you for this honour Emperor_krk, I much appreciate your nomination.

Well, a couple words about me as a writAAR. I have been writing comedy AARs here for a tad over year now, with more or less success. But it took me until last January until I found my thing, telling stories through relyriced songs. It took me a while to get the thing started and my early works have rather varying quality. But I really enjoyed my works and quicky "KISS-AARmy" got two sequels, in both HoI2 and EUIII worlds. The music featured in my AARs is quite varied, from disco to heavy, Madonna to Iron Maiden. And when people ask me, "do I really listen to all that", I can answer yes. Almost every song is atleast listenable to me, even though there are few I am only able to listen for a couple of times until I get mad.

But now, as already told, I am on a pause as my time have grown increasingly shorter and updating becoming more and more a chore rather than a pleasure. But this awAARd naturally keeps me motivated to continue and I am sure when I return, the good feeling will be back.

But for now I am going to concentrate on school, the very interesting movie project I am doing at school and just relaxing.

Thanks again for this honour. This has been a good day, my test scores from previous testweek arrived and I was pleasantly surprised in math and Finnish while my history teacher said he was "embarassed to check my essay about why interwar period was called "time of dictators" because I knew a lot of things he had no idea about" and said it was a more than excellent report. Good day indeed and thanks for the honour. I will try to find myself a more than worthy successor this week. My reading time has been low for quite along time now.

Another week has passed and it is time to pass the awAARd on yet again. My successor is a new writAAR around here but his first work has really impressed and amused me. He uses absurd comedy in an absolutely hilarious way and his updates continue to just get better and better. So, without further ado, I present you the new writAAR of the week, Grubnessul, and his excellent first AAR There might be Vikings out there! Or: how I accidentally traded my wife for a halibut

Congratulations, Grubnessul!

Congratulations Grubnessul. Must try to get over to your AAR at some point.

An EXCELLENT choice . I'm glad to see such a wonderful comedic piece get recognized ! Congratulations Grubby , you really deserved this one !

Congratulations, Grubnessul :)

Well done Grubnessul, congratulations :)

Congratulations Grubnessul - if EvilSanta promotes your work it must be good - going to read it right now :D

Nice choice - congrats, Grubnessul...or call you I should Capt just Jack. ;)

Congratulations Grubnessel! Well Deserved!