• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations, von Uber (belatedly)!

And Congratulations Exterious!

Rensslaer

Sweet! Thanks all for the nice words and congradulations

A special thanks to all the readers and posters. Its really the responses that keeps my AARs going and makes me feel loved ;)

Last edited:
My appoligies for the tardiness of this nomination (stupid home computer dying) however, I think there is a particular individual who has shown particular skill and foresight with his screenshots and narration. It is an excellent AAR that I have enjoyed since the begining. That individual is John Young and the AAR is Nihon Kaizo Hoan Taiko! (A Plan for the Re-organization of Japan). I strongly recommend that people check it out. It is also his first nomination

Last edited:
Well done Jon Young, congratulations :)

Fresh from his other award...

Isn't this something like having a birthday on Dec 28th?

But very well deserved! As I mentioned in the other thread, I've become a big fan of this AAR and this author!

Very well written story of Japan, with attention to realism and exceptionally well illustrated with graphics!

Rensslaer

Rensslaer said:

:( I hope not, just thought it was currently the best choice although there are alot of good AARs out there

Rensslaer said:

But very well deserved! As I mentioned in the other thread, I've become a big fan of this AAR and this author!

Very well written story of Japan, with attention to realism and exceptionally well illustrated with graphics!

Rensslaer

I think you've made a couple of very pertinent points here, Rensslaer:

1) These awards should encourage as many writaars as possible (and especially across the different games) - I'm really grateful to Exterous :D
but perhaps its not best for one person to win two awards in a row...

2) Especially writaar of the week. I'm really glad people are enjoying my AAR, and I love writing, but there's not enough text in there at the moment to really justify this prize. Maybe someday, after I've practised a bit more :p
The writaar of the week shouldn't be about cut&pasting! ;)

So... I'd like to use this situation to point out some really well-written AAR's I've been enjoying recently over on the Crusader Kings forum!

The Lost Kingdom: A tale of treachery and intrigue by Singleton Mosby,

The New Jerusalem: Moskva 1337 by Paranoid Tsar

and The Duchy of Pskov: 1066 - by kingmbutu

are three stand-out, narrative AARs which really show off the possibilities of CK (and Phargle's Knud Knytling saga, though now apparently sadly ended, made me laugh so hard I nearly fell off my chair. For a week.)

I'd like to 'bounce' the nomination, if that can be agreed, to one of the above?

Jon, I'd keep it were I you. Simply enjoy yet another week in the spotlight and then when the time comes for you to pick a successor (next Sunday) you can reward one of those gents, or someone else that you may have discovered in the coming week.

I appreciate your humility in the matter, but as you suggested, it should be about encouraging new writers and hopefully this is encouraging to you. That is our hope. :)

Congrats on the recognition!

Many congratulations!