• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well done Urcules :)

Congratulations!

Milites said:
It has been a very nice week in the spot light here in AARland, yet now it is time to pass the torch.

The new (who is somewhat new himself ^^) receiver has managed to not only create a solid basis for his AAR, he has also been awesome enough to create several custom events and countries for it. On top of that he writes in a satisfactory language and adds some nice flavour to the dish with juicy graphics.

Although we already have a brilliant viking AAR already with Grubby's Norse I'm nominating the raider .. Urcules as the new WritAAR of the Week for his continuation of his Vinland Saga!

[New] http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=381615
[Old ] http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=372971

Congratulations!

Gee, what can I say. I didn't prepare a speech! Thanks, all of you for your comments and congratulations, and also the readers deserve my sincere thanks.

I want to comment with something Swiss Tony could have said.
Writing an After Action Report is very much like making love to a beautiful woman. You spend a lot of time thinking about how you're going to put her down, then you screw around a bit and after that you just hope that you're not the only one who enjoyed it.

(btw I'm not that new, I actually registered four years before you did :D , but new to the AAR's that's true)

Sorry about my late reply, I was unavailable until now.

I must add that I couldn have made the AAR's about Vinland, without the Terra Nova Mod, on which my Vinland Add-on is based.

What a great honour ... I promised myself I wasn't going to cry

My favorite part of the WritAAR of the Week award is it becomes an excellent place to learn about writers and AARs I might not discover on my own. Yours, Urcules, is a perfect example of that. Congratulations :)

congradulations !

I enjoyed the AAR and I must say that I normaly do not like reading AAR's. There are several reasons why I read his AAR's. enjoyable reads, Unique plausable historic alternatives, and its based on the mod I Distribute. Although the original reason for me reading his AAR's was because of the mod its based on, I kept coming back just to see how his game was progressing (i realy enjoyed seeing his maps he made of his game). I feel very honored to have a writer with this kind of high skill choose TN mod to base a AAR on and I am honored that the mod was mentioned by him. Even better, he adds his own modding skills to the game by making a add-on to the TN mod which is balanced and plausible.

Thanks for all the attention, but now the time has come to pass on the torch.

I've been stroling through other games, AAR's I don't usually read, and I was impresssed by many.
This week's winner has made a fine AAR, in good understandable language about a grand country, Ireland.
Nice screenshots, sized down for comfort.

congratulations, Demokratickid

Ireland, awake

Many congratulations :D

Many congratulations.

Nice going. Congratulations.

Thank you, so much!

I would like to thank Urcules for his nomination, and for writing his excellent AAR! I also thank you. Yes, you, the viewer. Without you I could have never won this award. It is your questions and demands for updates that have kept me going for my time in AARland. Right now, I'm on my 5th AAR, and hopefully the first completed one, Ireland, Awake!. I hope that you, the viewer, can go over and check it out, and tell me what you think! And, while you're there, check out others in the Victoria Forum, they're all quite good!

And, thank you for your congratulations, everybody!

Last edited: