• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thankyou Sir Humphrey for nominating me for this award. I would also like to extend a most grateful thanks to all those who have congratulated me here and to all those who read and post in my AARs. Your support is greatly appreciated, and without the gratification I would not have the motivation to write. Thanks everyone! :)

A little about myself...I was born in Johannesburg, South Africa, and I now live in beautiful and sunny Brisbane, on the east coast of Australia. I turned 18 in January and I am in my first year of University (I go to the University of Queensland at St. Lucia), where I am doing my Bachelor of Arts Honours majoring in History and Political Science. I adore history, and my main focus is modern German history from the late 19th century to reunification after the fall of the Berlin Wall. Other interests of mine include politics, cricket, football (as in soccer, not American football or rugby) strategy gaming, reading and British comedy (esepcially Yes Minister, Yes Prime Minister and Fawlty Towers). Well I don't particularly like wrtiting about myself so that's about it.

Once again, thanks everyone.

Last edited:
Ironically, Lord British, you will have to give up your status soon... Within 30.5 hours, in fact...

It is now time for me to choose the next Writer of the Week. After reviewing a number of AARs from across AARland, I was surprised to find that one very talented writer has not yet received the honour of being WoW. This talented writer I speak of his Machiavellian. His latest endeavour, 54 - 40' or... is a splendid showcase of his excellent writing abilities.

Congratulations Machiavellian! :)

Come on up to the podium and introduce yourself.

I say, good show!

Go Machiavellian! Another writAAR very deserving of this awAARd!

Well done to every person I've missed. And to Machiavellian (another name I have to copy 'n' paste :D). I barely read AARs anymore sadly but from the little I've read yours are great.

Congratulations Machiavellian. Well done.

An honor very much deserved, Machiavellian! Congrats!!

If you haven't read some of '54-40' you should. The man writes well and the premise is very interesting.

A well-deserved award, I think. Drinks in the bAAR, anyone? Just tell the bartender it's on me!

This is a shock and a surprise. I am thankful that such a splendid writer such as Lord British nominated me for this award. None the less I am very thankful and appreciative of those who have sent their congratulations or even better decided to check out my AARs.

A little about myself. Well, I also don't like to go into things in too much detail, but suffice to say I am 25 years of age, though perhaps more cynical then most. I live an unfortunately mostly monastic lifestyle and have a triple major degree in History/Political Science/Archaeology. Unfortunately i've discovered you can't do much with that, so I am currently working in a hotel and getting an added degree in education so that I can teach. Then perhaps I'll go for my masters.

I've been roleplaying and through that doing some minor writing since 2nd grade more or less. In my early teens I discovered serious wargaming and have won more than a few state and convention level wargames, most notably Diplomacy, of which my ranking is pretty high. I had been a big fan of the Civilization games and other world builders for a long time, but once I discovered EU2 and Paradox I abandoned those lesser games for the better.

I've been writing AARs basically since the day I picked up a copy of EU2. My first AAR was about Wurzburg and was on my live journal, but shortly after I got up the courage to start writing on this forum. The first AAR I did on this forum was a simple little thing about the Zapotecs, followed by a Royalist Roast. I discovered EU2 through an AAR interestingly enough. I don't remember the name or the writer, but I do remember it was about the Papal States. I was searching through the web for alternate history stories or something like that and I stumbled upon it and through it the forum. Once I discovered that there was an entire community centered around this apparently very detailed and historical game I knew I needed to buy the game and join the community. I've been hopelessly addicted ever since.

While I have enjoyed the honor of holding this esteemed position for the length of the week, I must now with noble grace pass it on to another. After reviewing the boards, I was rather surprised to discover that our good friend Catknight has never held this long deserved award. Unless I am mistaken, I do believe it is about time for him to do so. While he has only done one AAR on this board that I am aware of, it has been running for some time now and is a story of exceptional quality. Catknight, good sir, I've spoken long enough.. now it's your turn to step up here and let us know what makes you tick.

Congratulations, CatKnight!