+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 357 FirstFirst ... 21 46 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 96 121 146 171 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 7136

Thread: WritAAR of the Week: GreatWyrmGold

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

Congratulations, MacRaith!

Well deserved, I know! Wonderful writing!

Rensslaer
    Serenity - (V2 v1.3) - An isolationist Japan tries to stay out of everybody's way (Updated July '13)
    Kriegsgefahr (Impending War) - (HOI3/SF/HPP) - Germany attempts to remain at peace! (Updated Apr '13)
    Locarno - Italy vs. Germany (HOI3/SF/HPP) - What if Mussolini stood with France against Hitler?
    The Die is Cast (Roman Civil War) - Caesar will make a name for himself! (Updated June '12)
    Império Novo - An Axis Portugal AAR for HOI 3 (Updated May '13)
    Fire Warms the Northern Lands - A Prussian Victoria 1 AAR (Awarded the VictAARian Cross for Jan-Jun 2006)
    Castles In the Sky (Vicky 1) * Sforza!!! - A Milan AAR (EU III) (Updated May '13) * I Am Siam (V2 Minor) (tied for Silver VictAARian Cross for Best AAR completed in 2011) * A Long Time Ago... (HOI 1 Argentina)* Check Rensslaer's Inkwell! (list of online writings)

200k clubHoI AnthologyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiRome: Vae VictisEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Congratulations, well done MacRaith
    EUIII AAR: The lilies of France
    Awarded Best Character Writer of the Week 25. Feb 2007
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 22. April 2007

HoI2 AAR: Enig og tro til Dovre faller – A Norwegian AAR
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 25. Sept 2005
    Awarded Weekly AAR Showcase 25. Jan 2006
    Awarded Fan of the Week 26. March 2006, 7. October 2007 and 10. November 2008
    Boer War AAR: Joe’s War- a Boer War AAR

AARlander
    Europa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron III

I read Tower of Fear, and I must say that MacRaith deserves this award at least twice! Congratulations!
    Good comments and worthless spam, the difference is just an eyelash

Real Men Do It Alphabetically: An AARgau | Conquering CK by the dictionary. Updates EVERY DAY FOREVER.
    Littoral Insanity, a Hinterland of Genius | World Conquest by land and sea. Updates daily.

anonymous4401's Signature Repositorium
    The AARlander Issue #6: February 2008
    The AARland Choice AwAARds Results Archive

exactly my reasoning, i couldnt believe when i checked the past winners list he wasnt on it.
    "...but someone has to pay for what's happened here, and I don't want that someone to be me." -Gul Dukat
    "I always hope for the best. Experience, unfortunately, has taught me to expect the worst." - Garak
    "We are in a society of politically-correct tree-hugging babies. Grow up and quit whining"- JBL
    "I condemn false prophets, I condemn the effort to take away the power of rational decision, to drain people of their free will -- and a hell of a lot of money in the bargain. Religions vary in their degree of idiocy, but I reject them all. For most people, religion is nothing more than a substitute for a malfunctioning brain."- Gene Roddenberry
    "As long as we have 'loyalty to the end', there's no point in believing in anything... even in those we love." The Boss
    "I won't have it! I won't have anyone speak of me in the past tense!!!" Squall Leonhart
    The Ultimate War [WritAAR of the Week: June 4, 2006]

Lt.-Colonel of Guerillas Singleton Mosby's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Darkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy Collection
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneLegioThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaMajesty 2Penumbra - Black PlagueEuropa Universalis: RomeRome Gold
    Semper FiShip Simulator ExtremesSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Mosby's Confederacy, Guerilla territory, VA. CSA
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous4401
    I read Tower of Fear, and I must say that MacRaith deserves this award at least twice! Congratulations!
    Congrats indeed

'Any system which aims at taking freedom by open force to other peoples will only make that freedom hated and prevent its triumph. '
    - Charles Maurice de Talleyrand-Périgord

AARlander

I certainly hope this very old AwAARd tradition will not die!

Real Men Do It Alphabetically: An AARgau | Conquering CK by the dictionary. Updates EVERY DAY FOREVER.
    Littoral Insanity, a Hinterland of Genius | World Conquest by land and sea. Updates daily.

I certainly hope this very old AwAARd tradition will not die!

i was rather hoping the winner would turn up, didnt you say he had signed in only a few days ago?
    "...but someone has to pay for what's happened here, and I don't want that someone to be me." -Gul Dukat
    "I always hope for the best. Experience, unfortunately, has taught me to expect the worst." - Garak
    "We are in a society of politically-correct tree-hugging babies. Grow up and quit whining"- JBL
    "I condemn false prophets, I condemn the effort to take away the power of rational decision, to drain people of their free will -- and a hell of a lot of money in the bargain. Religions vary in their degree of idiocy, but I reject them all. For most people, religion is nothing more than a substitute for a malfunctioning brain."- Gene Roddenberry
    "As long as we have 'loyalty to the end', there's no point in believing in anything... even in those we love." The Boss
    "I won't have it! I won't have anyone speak of me in the past tense!!!" Squall Leonhart

AARlander

I suppose, but at this rate he really would have won the AwAARd twice! Could it be that I am right again, even in this unlikely situation? Man, I have to stop being right all the time!

I suppose, but at this rate he really would have won the AwAARd twice! Could it be that I am right again, even in this unlikely situation? Man, I have to stop being right all the time!

Well i nominate you to pick a successor

AARlander

I'll pick MacRaith so that I'll really be right once more in my long history of being right!

I'll pick MacRaith so that I'll really be right once more in my long history of being right!

PM him, if he signs in again surely he will read the message and pop on over

AARlander

All right, as long as his name doesn't include any stealth Cyrillic, the PM should go through fine.

Now we play the waiting game

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultFor The GloryEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    If MacRaith has not read the PM or does not respond here by Sunday, I will pick a new WoW to keep this moving along. Thanks for reminding him, anonymous.
    Northumberland Lives - new AAR for EUIV

And check out the Guess the Author thread - back and active!

The fAARq & Forum Rules
    Find all my AARs listed in The Ink Well

Visit my blog at Hear the Hurd

Lt.-Colonel of Guerillas Singleton Mosby's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Darkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy Collection
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneLegioThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaMajesty 2Penumbra - Black PlagueEuropa Universalis: RomeRome Gold
    Semper FiShip Simulator ExtremesSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Mosby's Confederacy, Guerilla territory, VA. CSA
    Has this happened before?

Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    By "this" I assume you mean missing a week due to the previous winner not responding, and if so, yes. In fact, it happened almost exactly a year ago. Late May and early June seem busy months for many people. No big deal as long as too much time isn't skipped.

Usually I would have the previous winner choose a new successor, and frankly, I have little issue with that now. So Gul Brown, please feel free to choose a new recipient if MacRaith has not yet responded by Sunday. Given my recent absence, you would probably have a better idea than I who should be given the next spotlight.
    Last edited by coz1; 23-06-2006 at 00:24.

The fAARq & Forum Rules

AARlander

MacRaith has not yet responded, no. Looks like he really will be winning it twice! I'm like a psychic or something!

MacRaith has not yet responded, no. Looks like he really will be winning it twice! I'm like a psychic or something!
    Well then i will need to pick another winner, this will be even harder

Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    You have until Sunday, Gul Brown. Hopefully that will give you enough time. And you never know...MacRaith may show up out of the blue before then.

I appreciate you stepping up again and taking a look at other deserving members. Thanks and I never got the chance to say so, but congrats on your own WoW!

The fAARq & Forum Rules

Quote Originally Posted by coz1
    You have until Sunday, Gul Brown. Hopefully that will give you enough time. And you never know...MacRaith may show up out of the blue before then.

I appreciate you stepping up again and taking a look at other deserving members. Thanks and I never got the chance to say so, but congrats on your own WoW!

Thank you

Im not bothered about picking again its just very daunting! Picking one winner was hard enough, another will be even harder!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 357 FirstFirst ... 21 46 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 96 121 146 171 ... LastLast